United States - California - La VerneUnited States - California - San Dimas
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Complies with all safety regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Performs routine troubleshooting on packaging equipment and systems with limited guidance and support from direct supervision.
- Provides technical guidance in planning, start-up activities, implementation and process improvements.
- Provides technical support training for packaging equipment, systems and processes to maintenance staff.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates extensive technical knowledge in troubleshooting highly automated packaging systems including Ethernet based networks, inline Laser Printers, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Human to Machine Interface (HMI)m Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), Motion Control equipment and Analog/Digital devices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the NEC code and the ability to read and redline electrical schematics.
- Demonstrates the ability to instruct electrical contractors or systems integrators on the installation of packaging equipment or systems in packaging.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of packaging equipment, systems and processes.
- Has general familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) applications.
- Demonstrates good understanding and application of maintenance methods, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrates good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience and a High School diploma.
- Current Leaving Certificate and Trades Certificate - GSL.
- Has previous experience in engineering in highly-regulated manufacturing environments.
- Experience working in a GMP environment.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---La-Verne/Manufacturing-Engineer-II_R0015021
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency