Associate Director, Medical Affairs Global Strategic Planning
Associate Director, Medical Affairs Global Strategic Planning
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director, Medical Affairs Global Strategic PlanningWorking under guidance toward both short- and long-range goals, the Associate Director, Global Strategic Planning, contributes to business-critical strategic and tactical planning and exhibits knowledge of pharmaceutical industry best practices relevant to this role. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:Job Requirements
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders from Medical Affairs (MA), Commercial, and other Gilead divisions to support strategic and tactical planning for Gilead's key therapeutic areas.
- Closely partner with Director, MA Global Strategic Planning and Global Commercial Planning & Strategy (GCPS) to ensure Indication Leadership Teams (ILTs) meet key milestones and reviews associated with Indication Strategic Plans (ISPs). Partner with GCPS to leverage opportunities to support cross-functional collaboration, efficiencies and best practices across TAs and geographies.
- In collaboration with other department staff, ensure global MA and affiliate MA teams meet all annual Plan of Action (POA) milestones including reviews and deliverables.
- Within Medical Affairs, develop processes to support clearly defined, bi-directional feedback between global and country teams that foster communication and bolster quality and integrity of tactical plans.
- Review global and country POAs to evaluate quality, alignment with ISP priorities, and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with internal partners to develop an industry-leading, Medical Affairs-specific digital planning and analytics framework.
- Solicit input from key stakeholders throughout Medical Affairs to build a technology platform that effectively addresses user needs in strategic planning. Serve as key resource for global and country teams throughout implementation and help drive change management.
- Define measures of impact that articulate the value that Medical Affairs provides to the broader organization.
- Work closely with senior leaders to identify the metrics that uniquely capture how the Medical Affairs function can shift the standard of care for patients.
- Ensure KPIs appropriately inform next-cycle budget needs (+/-).
- Work with Patient Engagement (PE) and Medical Affairs Research teams to ensure patient voice and integrated evidence planning are appropriately incorporated within annual planning cycle.
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking skills. Demonstrated excellence in management of multiple projects/priorities including objective setting, prioritization, budgeting and analytics.
- Ability to refine current strategic planning processes within an organization and the change management capability to achieve buy-in across a global matrix organization.
- Awareness of the unique features of working in a highly regulated environment and all relevant compliance-related concerns.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to support clear communication around new processes, timelines, objectives.
- 8+ years work experience preferred with a BS/BA or 6+ years with an MS/MBA.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or related industry or strategic planning role is highly desired.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Medical-Affairs-Global-Strategic-Planning_R0015952
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency