Sr Manager, Portfolio Strategy & Analytics
Sr Manager, Portfolio Strategy & Analytics
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Director, Portfolio Strategy and Analytics, the Senior Manager will contribute to development portfolio strategy and lead analysis deliverables and processes. This role will partner with cross-organizational groups to create and refine portfolio planning approaches, analytics, and insights to optimize the Gilead portfolio. These deliverables will support achievement of corporate goals, portfolio planning, and decisionmaking by project teams and governance committees.
- Provide analyses and insights into the overall Gilead portfolio that guide near and long-term planning
- Partner with cross functional project teams to frame and assess development options, risk, and key decision points
- Create frameworks, analytical approaches, and analyses to assess business options across development programs
- Leverage strategic and analytical expertise to implement portfolio management analyses, tools, and capabilities
- Ensure all reporting and analyses adhere to high quality and consistency standards
- Support business case development by working with corporate strategy/business development
- BA or a BS in Sciences, Business, Finance, Market Research or similar and relevant discipline with 3-5 years of experience in strategic and analytical roles in a pharma/biotech or consulting; Advanced degree preferred (MBA/MS/PhD)
- Working knowledge of the pharmaceutical/biotech landscape, R&D trends, decision analysis, business strategy and markets in major disease areas
- Experience working on cross functional teams through communication and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of analytics methodologies, data processing frameworks, skilled experience in Excel; Sound analytic skills, including quantitative modeling and complex problem-solving ability
- Skilled at distilling complex/abstract problems into succinct frameworks as well as execution plans
- Proven ability framing and solving complex problem and the analytical ability to interpret and communicate them effectively
- Evidence of strategic thinking, communication, analytical, planning and organizational skills required from previous work
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager--Portfolio-Strategy---Analytics_R0015930
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency