PhD position (Nanophotonics, Plasmonics)
The Department of Physics and Engineering of ITMO University (https://physics.itmo.ru/) is a creative synergy of honorary professors, ambitious scientists, and students. In a decade of joint work, we have grown from a small laboratory into a large international scientific center, where the most relevant scientific directions are developed, and educational programs are implemented.
The work will be carried out in terms of world-class joint projects with leading international teams in these fields (Russia, USA, Israel). The position includes initial training, high-level research, writing articles, applying for grants and scholarships. Applicants with research experience in these areas and a focus on a scientific career are encouraged.
• work with leading international teams in this field (Russia, USA, Israel);
• conducting scientific research;
• participation in educational activities
• writing articles;
• applying for grants and scholarships.
• knowledge of English (Intermediate or higher);
• prior experience with scientific software packages (CST Microwave Studio, Comsol Multiphysics, Matlab);
• ability to independently conduct research;
• ability to write scientific articles;
• high average score in the application to bachelor's and master's degrees;
• high scores in physical and engineering disciplines;
• conferences and seminars speaking
• high motivation, a wish to learn new things.
• young and friendly team, charitable atmosphere;
• communication with recognized experts in the subject area, professional competence of colleagues, international collaborations;
• opportunity to suggest ideas and be heard;
• participation in international scientific conferences;
• work on high-tech modern laboratory equipment;
• corporate English for employees;
• work in the historical center of St. Petersburg;
• corporate events;
• annual PTO;
• social package: official employment, recreation in a corporate out-of-town health center, events for employees and their children, etc.
Based on the results of the interview
Lomonosova street, 9, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
The application should contain:
• cover letter stating your research experience and current research interest and motivation;
• list of publications;
• names of two referees.
The applications should be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF file.