Post-doctoral Researcher - Computational chemistry and material science
The International Institute "Solution Chemistry of Advanced Materials and Technologies" (SCAMT) of the ITMO University (http://scamt.ifmo.ru) is seeking a post-doctoral researcher in the field of computational chemistry and material science.
SCAMT Institute includes 15 independent research groups involved in interdisciplinary research, the educational department providing international MSc and Ph.D. programs, and the industrial department responsible for the transfer of SCAMT technologies to the market. We have strong international collaborations with many acknowledged Universities from all over the world (USA, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Sweden, Israel, etc) in scientific and educational spheres. The major focuses of SCAMT are nanomaterials science, biomaterials, colloid chemistry for various applications, genomics, and more. We are looking for new concepts and ideas to address current technological and academic problems while carrying out top-level science competitive on the international stage.
“TheoMAT” group of theoretical chemistry and modeling (PI Prof. Evgeny Pidko) provides the fundamental support to the experimental scientific programs and also executes its own program focusing on the development of new methods for computational studies of complex chemical systems. Our fundamental goal is to provide a theoretical rationale and computational guidelines to enable in silico optimization of the experimental research.
Main research areas
- machine learning in chemistry
- molecular dynamics in structural biology
- predictive modeling of chemical processes
- development of new methodologies for realistic solution systems calculation
- new materials for targeted drug delivery
- Devotion to science
- Recent Ph.D. degree in the fields of chemistry or material science
- At least 3 Scopus / Web of Science publications since 2016
- Knowledge and practical skills in one or more of the following areas: computational chemistry, molecular modeling, physical chemistry of solutions, chemistry and solid-state physics, characterization of materials, coordination chemistry.
- Predisposition to experimental work and management of a young team of students, willingness to participate in planning the research work of the group
- Language skills: English - Upper-Intermediate in writing and speaking, Russian - basic knowledge (preferably)
Working Environment and Benefits
- free access to high-tech equipment;
- work with recognized experts in the field;
- the ability to quickly achieve high scientific results of the world level;
- opportunity to start your own independent research group after 2-3 years;
- solving non-standard tasks, working in an interdisciplinary team;
- young, friendly team;
- work in the historical center of St. Petersburg