Senior Medical Manager, Virology - COVID-19 & HIV
Senior Medical Manager, Virology - COVID-19 & HIV
Netherlands - Amsterdam
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences was founded over 30 years ago and it is an ambitious, innovative, research-based biopharmaceutical company with a pioneering mind-set that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammation, invasive fungal infection and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. The Dutch office is based in Amsterdam near the Amsterdam University Medical Center (AUMC).
Gilead Sciences is committed to the prevention, treatment and cure of HIV and Liver Disease (LVD) as well as committed to simplification of care and elimination of viral hepatitis (HCV, HBV). In addition, Gilead is working on the development of medicine against primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC). Furthermore, Gilead is focusing on oncology, in particular Cell Therapy (CAR-T) to improve lives of patients with life-threatening hematologic malignancies.
As Senior Medical Manager, Virology you have both field-based as well as office-based responsibilities. You will be key in providing medical support in the Netherlands within the areas of COVID-19 and HIV. You will report to the Country Medical Director. You require a strong biomedical background, you must have very good communication skills and be an excellent team player with business acumen. You are responsible for liaising with key thought leaders and healthcare professionals in academic and clinical centers for scientific exchange and data generation to ensure appropriate use of our treatment options.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Establish and maintain ongoing scientific collaborative relationships with Key Thought Leaders (TLs) in the Netherlands
- Exchange complex medical/clinical scientific information with external and internal stakeholders
- Works collaboratively with Gilead colleagues in Marketing, Sales, Market Access, Public Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Research and global/regional Medical Affairs Teams
- Contribute to the development of national strategic plans in line with global strategies
- Implement medical strategy and tactics in collaboration with the cross-functional teams
- Medical education on relevant therapeutic areas and medicine
- Collects and analyses scientific data, publications and guidelines
- Creation of medical content of Gilead organized medical education events and activities
- Conducts disease awareness including treatment guidelines, medical providers, and community
- Supports the development of local clinical data through clinical trials and investigator studies
- Analyses of clinical trial data and provides interpretation to cross functional departments
- Ensures appropriate medical quality of materials and activities within approval process
- Answers and responds to medical inquiries from customers
- Conference coverage (national and international) including staffing exhibits, reporting on scientific sessions, and facilitating meetings with key thought leaders
- Provide clinical/scientific presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Organizes and participates at advisory boards and key conference activities
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Degree in biomedical sciences (PharmD, MD or other) and PhD preferred
- Existing medical or scientific expertise in the area of liver disease, HIV, virology or infectious diseases is preferred but not essential
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field is preferred
- Experience of working in Netherlands, including knowledge of national regulatory requirements is preferred
- Ability of transferring complex scientific/medical data into understandable medical communication and education
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills are required along with the ability to provide clear and concise analysis of quantitative and qualitative concepts
- Ability and wish to continuously learn and improve and to work as a member of several local and international cross functional teams. Able to work with a high level of autonomy and independence
- Sufficient understanding of Clinical Research area in order to provide support for the link between company R&D and investigators
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems, and interpret data and translate these in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to respective cross functional groups
- Ability to utilize complex scientific resources for presentations in a variety of different settings
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in English and Dutch is essential
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional matrix
- Ability to travel frequently
- Driving license
Gilead Core Values
- INTEGRITY - Doing What's Right
- INCLUSION - Encouraging Diversity
- TEAMWORK - Working Together
- EXCELLENCE - Being Your Best
- ACCOUNTABILITY - Taking Personal Responsibility
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Netherlands---Amsterdam/Senior-Medical-Manager_R0015868-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency