Research Scientist - Gene Delivery - Gene Editing Institute
Req # JR54420
The Gene Editing Institute is the only research institute of its kind in the nation based within a community health care system. Led by gene editing pioneer, Eric Kmiec, Ph.D., and based in ChristianaCare's Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute, the Gene Editing Institute is a worldwide leader in gene editing biomedical research in cancer and other inherited diseases, and the only one working in the same space with oncologists, genetic counselors and patients, bringing translational research from basic science to patient treatment to an entirely new level.
ChristianaCare is currently seeking a Research Scientist - Gene Delivery for our Gene Editing Institute. In this position the Research Scientist will participate in all aspects of preclinical development work in new, targeted delivery system utilizing CRISPR gene therapy to treat NSCLC. The successful candidate will work on the design and evaluation of gene and cell delivery systems including adeno-associated virus and lipid nano particles in experimental lung cancer models. The Research Scientist is also involved in the development of proof-of-concept and preclinical studies for other solid cancers. The ideal candidate will have advanced expertise in adeno-associated virus biology and at least one area in lipid nano particle delivery, animal models in Non-small cell lung cancers, or CRISPR.
- Be involved in the planning and execution of all aspects of preclinical development work for gene therapy programs
- Lead laboratory research related to gene delivery system preferably AAV
- Support pre-clinical gene delivery studies related to non-small cell lung cancer
- Work with Contract Research Organizations to conduct tropism, efficiency analysis, biodistribution and toxicology studies for timely execution of projects.
- Present research findings, including preparation of research reports and abstracts, dissemination at national and international scientific conferences and publication of manuscripts by peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature and techniques in the field of gene delivery system including AAV based gene therapy
- PhD in cancer biology, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or a closely related field required.
- Qualified candidates will have 0-4 years of relevant experience.
- Three to seven years of industry experience preferred. Candidates should also have authored at one first author publication (either published or in the process of submission) in reputable journals; cancer research experience preferred.