Sr Manager, Treasury
Sr Manager, Treasury
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.The Sr. Manager, Treasury at Gilead reports to the Associate Director, Treasury and will provide support with respect to domestic and/or international cash and liquidity management, risk management and treasury services and solutions. The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic and motivated self-starter with strong analytical thinking, project management and communication skills. Responsibilities include:
- Perform daily cash management activities such as review opening balances, reconcile prior day activity and resolve discrepancies, determine daily cash position, forecast daily cash, initiate and process cash payments
- Manage liquidity and invest excess cash funds in accordance with the Controller's Manual and transact with Gilead's cash pools
- Lead the medium-term cash forecasting process
- Participates in strategic financial planning and discussions
- Maintain global bank account database, including managing bank account opening and closing, changing signatories and FBAR Reporting
- Consistently maintain proper internal controls and ensure compliance with the worldwide Controller's manual, board approved policies and to all applicable laws and regulations. Seek improvement opportunities for existing processes and procedures
- Assist with bank fee analysis and interface with commercial banks as required
- Perform timely and accurate ad hoc reporting and monthly and quarterly analyses as required
- Manage complex and cross-functional Treasury projects and contribute to solutions that impact multiple Gilead businesses and/or countries
- 8+ Years related experience in treasury, finance, and/or accounting
- Bachelor's degree ideally in Finance or Accounting
- CFA, CTP, MBA or master's degree preferable
- Numerate with excellent analytical and banking, investment and cash management skills
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and written & verbal communications skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organized and efficient
- Excellent PC, database and Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Experience with Treasury Management Systems, SAP S/4Hana, SWIFT, banking connectivity and systems a plus
- Strong financial and business acumen with proficiency in Finance and Treasury Accounting a plus
- Developed transformation and project management skills
- Highly motivated and proactive individual with a positive mindset, able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment both independently and in team
- Systematic knowledge of treasury processes and its link to overall Finance and business strategy and the business environment a plus
- Knowledge of life science, healthcare, biotech experience in a fast growing company a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager--Treasury_R0015842-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency