Senior Research Associate I - Antiviral Research
Senior Research Associate I - Antiviral Research
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions.
Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
Sr Research Associate - Antiviral Research
As a global leader in antiviral therapy, Gilead is committed to the prevention, treatment and cure of many viral infections of global significance. To continue expanding our antiviral research team, we are seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate I with experience in virology or related life sciences. The candidate will become an integral part of our team as we work to identify and develop novel agents for the treatment and prevention of major respiratory viral infections. Additionally, the candidate will have unique opportunities to contribute to our collaborative efforts in the discovery and development of new medical countermeasures for emerging and neglected viral pathogens that represent threats to global public health, including building upon Gilead's prior research and current response to coronavirus infections including support of further R&D work on Remdesivir.
- Perform and optimize various virology and cell biology-based studies to support discovery and development of novel antiviral therapeutics.
- Design and produce recombinant virus stocks using reverse genetic systems.
- Analyze and interpret experimental results.
- Identify of technical issues that may arise in experiments and assist in troubleshooting.
- Properly document completed experimental methods and results in electronic lab notebooks.
- Participate in cross-functional group meetings and present results
- Work closely and collaboratively with team members and senior personnel as a representative of the respiratory and emerging virus group
- Willingness to work under BSL3 conditions as needed.
Gilead is a fast-paced, data-driven, scientifically rigorous organization and the role will suit a scientist who is able to thrive in this type of environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with cell culture, RT-qPCR, cloning and sequencing is essential.
- Knowledge of antiviral assays, virus stock amplification, resistance analysis and ELISA is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with respiratory viruses (RSV, HRV, SARS-CoV-2) a plus.
- Desire to learn, implement and troubleshoot new assays.
- Ability to independently plan and execute experiments that support project goals.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's of Science degree with 2+ years year of experience in Virology, Microbiology, Cell Biology or related life sciences field or Master's of Science degree
- Molecular biology and lab skills such as cloning, cell culture and qPCR
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Research-Associate-I---Antiviral-Research_R0015843-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency