Sr. Research Associate II, Drug Metabolism
Sr. Research Associate II, Drug Metabolism
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) is seeking a talented and highly motivated Sr. Research Associate to join our Drug Metabolism group. Our collaborative and interdisciplinary research team utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and innovative methodologies to advance medicines into the clinic. The successful candidate is to conduct absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion (ADME) studies with focus on drug transporters to support the discovery and development of drugs candidates. She/he will have opportunities for career growth through acquisition of new skills, experiences, and professional relationships in a fast-paced and resource-rich environment.
- Conduct laboratory experiments (biochemical or cell-based) and bioanalysis (LC/MS and other methods) to contribute to the understanding of the ADME properties of small molecules or therapeutic proteins.
- Maintaining and routine testing of cells, ordering of consumables, helping to maintain cleanliness and generally ensuring the smooth running of the tissue culture lab.
- Execute, analyze, and interpret in vitro drug transport assays that support the initiation and/or advancement of drug candidate projects into the pipeline, while maintaining a focus on good documentation practices.
- Data analyzing and summarizing
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's with 2+ years or Master's degree with 4+ years of experience in industry / academia, particularly in Cell biology/molecular biology or related field.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience working with biochemical assays, recombinant cell lines, primary cells, and/or human/animal tissue samples.
- Knowledge of tissue culture procedures and aseptic techniques is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize assays as needed; identifying and applying novel techniques or protocols from reports in the scientific literature.
- Proficient in operation, maintenance and troubleshooting for high end scientific instrumentations, experience with Sciex 6500 and Waters Xevo instruments is preferred.
- Under general supervision, design and execute complex experiments using appropriately selected methods and techniques to support routine research activities and project goals.
- Prioritize a diverse workload with strong time management skills. Work productively in cross-functional teams, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicate scientific results effectively in verbal presentations and written study reports.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Associate--II--Drug-Metabolism_R0015820-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency