Counsel, Litigation & Investigations
Counsel, Litigation & Investigations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead's Legal team is seeking a creative, agile and diligent attorney to join the Litigation & Investigations team. As an integral member of the Legal Department, this role will have broad responsibility for managing the Company's litigation and investigations.
Litigation: This position will be the internal lead for assigned corporate, commercial, securities, false claims act, anti-trust, products liability, and other forms of litigation and pre-dispute resolution. The Counsel will be responsible for developing and assessing case strategies, conducting and managing interviews of fact and expert witnesses, handling discovery requests, reviewing court filings, and managing external counsel.
Investigations: This position will also lead assigned internal and government investigations and manage external counsel, as needed. The Counsel will be responsible for developing investigation plans, interviewing witnesses, assessing and documenting findings, and recommending corrective actions to business partners.
- The position will require substantive expertise in litigation and both internal and government investigations, combined with excellent project management skills and sound judgment in managing cases and interacting with internal business clients.
- This function will best be served by an individual with experience in the areas of general corporate litigation and government and internal investigations.
- Experience addressing liabilities unique to the bio-pharmaceutical industry, including product liability and False Claims Act litigation, is desirable but not essential.
- The successful candidate will be given increasing responsibility. The Senior Counsel must competently carry out and follow through on directives, learn quickly, apply legal analysis in a business context, and work independently to identify issues and goals.
- This position requires working well within a team, and the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with others is critical. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate will be given increasing responsibility. The Counsel must competently carry out and follow through on directives, learn quickly, apply legal analysis in a business context, and work independently to identify issues and goals.
- The candidate must demonstrate ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems and must exercise mature and reliable judgment.
- The position requires triaging of a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients, and timely delivering results.
- A Juris Doctor from a nationally recognized law school.
- Admission to applicable state bar (CA), registration as in-house counsel, or ability to gain admission or registration for either in applicable state within 90 days.
- At least 5 years prior industry or law firm attorney level experience in litigation.
- Demonstrated client service orientation; able to recognize and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients.
- Exceptional and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Counsel--Litigation---Investigations_R0015829
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency