Associate Director, Corporate Accounting / Reporting
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead's Corporate Accounting/Reporting team (comprising technical accounting, SOX, consolidations and external reporting) is looking for a strong utility player looking to grow his/her knowledge and skills on one of our technical teams. We are seeking an outstanding candidate who is intellectually curious and has a broad interest in learning and understanding how each team functions within Corporate Accounting /Reporting.We're seeking an exceptional candidate who has:
Skills, competencies, experience requirements include:
- A track record of consistent success in different environments
- A strong sense of ownership and pride in high performance
- Unquestionable ethics
- A genuine appreciation for diversity and inclusion
- An affinity for technical work (e.g., history of thorough research of complex topics, deep cumulative knowledge base)
- A client-focus and consultative approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, authentic character, and is a natural team player and relationship builder - no drama
- A growth mindset and is comfortable leading
- A focus on execution, and is unafraid to work up/down levels to ensure success
- Alignment with Gilead's mission and culture
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, ideally a combination of Big 4 public accounting firm and experience in the controllership function of a large multi-national public company
- Deep subject matter expertise in SEC reporting and US GAAP accounting standards
- Success leading process improvements and positively influencing change
- Experience building strong partnerships with key stakeholders across various functions
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Corporate-Accounting---Reporting_R0015755-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency