Packaging Development Manager
Packaging Development Manager
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Packaging Development Manager is responsible for leading the packaging engineering team. This team develops primary and secondary packaging solutions suitable for a range of Gilead's products, provides ongoing technical support to packaging operations and contributes to the development of the site's packaging capabilities in line with its long-term strategy.
Job duties include:
- Support the site's ongoing serialization & aggregation program in line with EU FMD (Falsified Medicines Directive) requirements. The Packaging Development Manager may lead future initiatives in this area.
- Lead the packaging engineering team in developing and implementing packaging solutions for Gilead's products.
- Follow the site PMO guidelines on project delivery throughout the project lifecycle; project business cases, project charters, project scheduling, progress reporting. Use site change control systems and project governance policies & systems.
- Collaborate with on-site and off-site stakeholders to support global initiatives and projects.
- Guide the packaging engineering team to prioritize tasks to ensure ongoing support of packaging operations and projects at the Cork site.
- Analyze packaging engineering processes in order to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Driving team development initiatives, identifying training needs and conducting performance reviews.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Engineering or related field essential.
- Considerable experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry.
- Experience in leading and/or being a member of cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively partnering with a range of stakeholders is essential.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/GMP environment/ Falsified medicine directives and regulation.
- Experience of primary and secondary packaging processes, transportation studies and packaging development processes an advantage.
- Experience of implementing/maintaining serialization and aggregation processes in the Pharmaceutical industry a distinct advantage.
- Project Management experience essential, project management qualification such as PMP or alternative an advantage.
- Very strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills are essential.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of cGMP & regulatory processes.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to engage and partner with multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective.
- Curious with learning agility.
- Operationally excellent.
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation.
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing).
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith).
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability).
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity).
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Packaging-Development-Manager_R0014074-5
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency