Associate Director, HIV Marketing Netherlands
Associate Director, HIV Marketing Netherlands
Netherlands - Amsterdam
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of nearly 9,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matter, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 17 marketed products, a pipeline of late- stage drug candidates and patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life threatening diseases.
Gilead is known for its innovative products, start-up culture, lean teams and the deep expertise of its people. Gilead teams work in an agile and nimble way, and in a fast-paced, high-speed, high accountability environment.
With approximately 40 employees, Gilead Sciences Netherlands is based in Amsterdam and has significantly grown in the past few years. Due to our strong pipeline, in combination with an existing portfolio of best in class products', the HIV Marketing position is strategically of very high importance. The role is therefore considered a high-profile role within the Dutch organization.
We are offering an exciting and challenging opportunity for a talented and experienced Brand Manager for the role of Associate Director, Marketing. The person will be leading the strategic execution of the HIV portfolio.
The position will be reporting into the Business Unit Director HIV and is based in the local office in Amsterdam.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Responsible for the product marketing of HIV portfolio
- Responsible for development of the Brand Strategy and Action Plans in scope of XF collaboration
- Partner with Medical Affairs, Government and Public Affairs to ensure effective development and implementation of strategies
- Leads Promotion Review Committee process to ensure marketing materials are cleared for promotional use and secures final production.
- Develop effective working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders in the Dutch HIV market
- Develop and implement the promotional communication strategy and tactics ensuring alignment with the overall brand strategy
- Initiates and leverage market research and analytics critical to directing brand strategies and optimizing marketing tactics.
- Work alongside European marketing colleagues to develop and produce compliant promotional materials
- Ensure all marketing activities are compliant to regulatory and legal requirements
- Manage the marketing budget (OPEX) and project timelines
- Drive excellence in commercial efforts, including business planning/forecasting
- Utilize high level of business acumen in analyzing and coordinating activities from identified industry trends, competitor's resources and practices
- Ensure performance tracking/monitoring, including any required action planning
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Analytical thinking
- Health Science background and ability to translate science into clinical practice
- Collaborates and works well across teams
- Requires a university degree and demonstrated experience within the pharmaceutical/ healthcare industry to include familiarity with marketing/sales strategy and tactics
- Demonstrated track record of successful product launches and/or sustained commercial growth
- Candidate will preferably have recent virology experience (HIV or Viral hepatitis)
- Strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute development strategy
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among cross functional teams
- Ability to analyze complex issues, execute sound judgment and make decisions
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- In-depth ability to work with external agencies, including advertising, public relations and medical education vendors to develop programs and materials is required
- Ability to develop, maintain, and utilize a high level of product and therapeutic disease knowledge to promote the appropriate use to opinion leaders in the field of infectious diseases.
- Excellent and demonstrable command of written and spoken English and proficiency at communicating verbally and in written form
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organized with systematic approach to prioritization
Our values are at the forefront of all that we do:
- Integrity (Doing whats right)
- Teamwork (working together)
- Excellence (being your best)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Netherlands---Amsterdam/Associate-Director--HIV-Marketing-Netherlands_R0015136-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency