Field Market Access Manager, Netherlands
Field Market Access Manager, Netherlands
Netherlands - Amsterdam
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Field Market Access Manager Netherlands
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of nearly 9,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matter, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 17 marketed products, a pipeline of late- stage drug candidates and patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life threatening diseases.
With approximately 40 employees, Gilead Sciences Netherlands is based in Amsterdam and has significantly grown in the past few years. Due to our strong pipeline, in combination with an existing portfolio of best in class products', the Field Market Access Manager position is of strategic importance to secure further access for our products and to ensure future business growth in the Netherlands.
This role reports into the director Market Access & Reimbursement.
- The primary focus is on ensuring & broadening access for patients for the current & future Gilead product portfolio in addition to optimizing funding for service delivery at insurer and hospital level. Establish and manage long term business relationships with key-stakeholders (f.e. decision makers in the hospital, purchasers & purchaser communities, budget holders, hospital board of directors, healthcare insurance companies).
- Execute the Market Access Strategy, develop a differentiated field access strategy for (groups of) key-stakeholder.
- Within the local cross-functional team focus on the economic dimension of maintaining access and positioning of our products (mainly HIV) as standard of care based on their value for patients and the healthcare system by exploring innovative ways of collaboration.
- The focus is on securing hospital access in the key accounts and beyond for the whole Dutch territory, including, but not limited to, formulary listing and tenders. Within this function, close collaboration with the Associate Director Value & Access, the latter focusing on the upstream HTA process for National Drug Access, will be paramount. Focus will be on creating value for all stakeholders and in that respect, insights in the dynamics of the Dutch Market Access Environment (national and regional) is of the utmost importance.
- The Field Market Access Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Field Market Access Strategy, which means assuring optimal local (hospital) access for the entire Gilead product portfolio (HIV, Hepatitis, Oncology, Anti- fungal). This person will ensure that access strategy across the portfolio supports product pricing and reimbursement objectives and, to ensure alignment on strategy and implementation, will work in close collaboration with the cross functional teams.
- This role is responsible for developing and sustaining highly effective, well informed, credible, productive and compliant working relationships between Gilead and the following external stakeholders:
- Central Drug Purchasers;
- Hospital Board of Directors;
- Healthcare Insurance companies;
- Hospital Pharmacists;
- Other relevant Budget Holders at the sub-national level
- Accountable for the timely inclusion of Gilead medicines onto hospitals formularies and together with the medical team to local clinical guidelines
- Ensure compliance in the performance of the duties with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and company policies governing interactions with healthcare professionals and other customers
- This individual will have demonstrated impeccable external relationship building skills combined with excellent internal cross functional collaboration, has a proven and successful record of Field Market Access experience or relevant other related experience in the Netherlands and is well connected to external stakeholders (Hospital Board of Directors, Hospital Pharmacists, Hospital Purchasers & Health Insurers). Candidates working for a health insurer are also invited to apply
- Experience of developing strong & successful relationships with Hospital budget holders/Private Health Insurance Companies
- Has a proven deep understanding of the local policy & payer environment and a deep understanding of local priorities - bringing insight into the organization as to how these areas are commissioned, what key local access barriers and recommendations as to how key challenges can be resolved
- The ability to articulate and refine brand value propositions through use of approved Gilead Payer Tools and messaging
- Experience in building a strategic framework on sub-national and hospital level and execute on this
- Field Market Access (key account management) Experience & Success in Role in Pharma preferably innovative high value medicines Commercial Experience
- Lead the negotiation of contracts (e.g. supply contracts) with our customers and in close collaboration with our Legal & Business Conduct department.
- Proven delivery of successful outcomes in the payer environment
- Proven experience of Self-motivation, Accountability, Integrity & Teamwork, Sales Excellence
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to establish successful strategic networks
- A profound level of knowledge of the CGR Code of conduct and business ethics
- Leading & Influencing teams without authority
- Understanding of payer environment,
- Acquired insights in the dynamics/interactions of the national and local (hospital/private health insurance) Market Access level
- Both pharma & hospital/private health insurer experience
- Ability to prioritize and flex dependent on the needs & requirements of the business
- Strategic thinking and ability to influence senior managers to adopt ideas and strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Hands-on & can do' attitude
INTEGRITY - Doing What's Right
INCLUSION - Encouraging Diversity
EXCELLENCE - Being Your Best
ACCOUNTABILITY - Taking Personal Responsibility
TEAMWORK - Working Together
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Netherlands---Amsterdam/Field-Market-Access-Manager--Netherlands_R0015350
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency