Associate Director-Business Systems & Processes Improvement Lead
Associate Director-Business Systems & Processes Improvement Lead
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The individual in this Global Process Lead role serves as a key member of the Global Business Process and Service Delivery team, and is responsible for driving strategy and continuous improvement across Gilead's business processes and systems in the and Payroll / Oracle-Project-Costing (OPC) domains, whilst also supporting other Finance process areas including Record-to-Report (RTR), Procure-to-Pay (PTP) and Order-to-Cash (OTC). The role is part of the Controllership function and reports to the Senior Director of Global Business Process and Service Delivery. This role will be based in Cork, Ireland.
This is a significant business interfacing role. Excellent communication and data presentation skills are required. This individual in this role is responsible for working closely with Gilead executives, key business partners and Operations leaders to understand and to take business capability requirements, turn them into business cases and stewarding these business cases through governance. This individual will collaborate with the business and IT to drive the implementation of the appropriate capabilities (i.e., policies, processes, measures, team/skills and tools) to enable the business to meet their business objectives and goals, whilst also communicating regular status updates.
The lead focuses on the entire process from beginning to end working with the relevant Operations leaders and business partners to understand their process and information needs and any challenges to ensure developed solutions and innovations are an excellent fit to their requirements. They will act as the end user representative to deliver practical solutions with real business benefit. Working with IT they will actively assist Operations lead and business partners in prioritizing investment decisions; have accountability for delivery of key programs and projects in line with statutory and compliance priorities, program management and SOX standards.
A summary of key characteristics of a successful Business Process Lead include:
- The Business process lead has a vision of the big picture. They understand that enhancing process effectiveness may not be a one-time endeavour, and that meaningful change requires continuous improvement. This holistic approach to process innovation also may require process leads who understand that changing one step in the process can impact other process activities.
- Change management - ability to affect real sustainable change - someone with the ability to change the behaviours of employees affected by the change. Evaluating, designing and controlling business processes alone would likely be incomplete if the employees who are impacted by it oppose and resist the change. The process lead will engage employees to inspire and empower them to provide input into process change and encourage them to embrace the new process once it is implemented.
- A tenacious individual, who consistently pursues continued process innovation requires someone with exceptional determination, self-motivation and interpersonal skills. Promoting a new process innovation to achieve the cultural shift required to help the organization embrace the innovation typically takes an individual with plenty of resolve.
Skills for BPM leaders include:
1. Hands-on application knowledge at the transactional level - willingness to be hands-on. Willingness to become involved in operations to understand the processes so that the person can be viewed as a trusted financial partner by our business customers.
2. Project management - Overhauling a process isn't as simple as rearranging an order. Business Process Management requires full project management, whether that is improving an existing process, creating a new process to meet a new need, or establishing a new framework. These projects need a skilled project manager at the helm to direct the overall process.
3. Communication - Processes are often cross-functional, which mean Global Process Lead professionals must be able to communicate with stakeholders across departments, explain processes, share documentation and translate technical details.
4. Change management - must be adept and encourage buy-in from stakeholders and continue to champion the process change throughout the organization. Honed interpersonal skills coupled with technical savvy to bridge business and technical communities
5. Systems knowledge and thinking - must be able to step back and examine whole systems as well as adjust individual details.
6. Technical skills - To analyze current processes, process lead must be able to gather information, design a new user experience and optimize future outcomes.
7. Understanding software - The right software can play a key role in savvy Business Process Management. To choose the most effective solution, process lead needs to understand what the software should do, and how it can best integrate all the organizational systems.
8. Continuous improvement. Capacity to leverage expertise of functional groups and best practices to recommend and drive the implementation of both systems and process improvements.
- The Global Systems and Process Lead is responsible for driving strategy and improvement in systems and processes Worldwide across the Payroll / Oracle Project Costing process areas, whilst supporting other process areas.
- Responsible for assisting the business in planning for the future; contribute the Process Excellence perspective as it relates to the formulation of business strategy, development of business plans, implementation of key business initiatives, and ongoing execution of business processes/operations.
- Accountable for end to end business processes, ensuring collaboration with other process leads and stakeholders within and outside of Global Service Delivery organization.
- Driving standardization, simplification, alignment and optimization of global Payroll / OPC manual and automated processes, considering impact across all related Gilead business processes.
- Benchmarking the performance of processes against those of other businesses considered to be the best in the industry, aka best in class, to identify internal opportunities for improvement.
- Supports (in some cases may lead) key business initiatives as they impact Payroll / OPC including product launches, process improvement initiatives, and geographic expansion
- Assist with efforts to build and manage Gilead Process Lead team and associated structure, roles & responsibilities, skills/capabilities for each of the process areas
- Business Process Modeling, Business Requirements Gathering/Definition, Business Case Development - Proactively plan, management and support business process modeling, business requirements gathering/definition and business case development activities
- Inventory ideas, requirements and change requests from and with the business
- Manage requirements gathering/definition efforts to address business needs and/or instantiate the multi-year business capability roadmaps
- Manage business process modeling activities
- Develop the business case for finance/business process technical changes, innovation solutions and initiatives. With that, work closely with Operations and IT service delivery teams to understand investment and resource estimates, implementation plans/timelines and prioritization of key business process initiatives
- Business Process Governance Model - Proactively plan, manage and support overall business process governance model and related business process reviews with operations. Manage business process program/project demand and prioritization activities; drive new ideas through evaluation, initiation and demand management/prioritization process.
- Program/Project Management - Proactively plan, manage and support process portfolio/program/project management lifecycle and key capabilities for planning & managing the various portfolios of business process improvement programs and projects
- Develops roadmap to complete transition from "As is" to "To Be" and is accountable for driving the execution of IT changes.
- Provide support to Operations and/or for Business/IT-enabled business process improvement initiatives/programs - ensure smooth transition of business requirements to Operations/IT service delivery teams, as well as communication and regular status updates with business partners and operations
- Directly oversees most critical threads of transformation (i.e. pilot programs, project plan, change management, testing etc) - evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors and controls business processes
- Assist Operations/IT with the deployment, user acceptance and change management activities
- Assist the business with development of investment and resource estimates as well as implementation plans/timelines
- Service Planning & Management - Proactively plan, manage and support business process improvement planning, management & reporting
- Serve as the primary interface between business and IT service delivery teams to negotiate/establish and then subsequently manage and monitor appropriate delivery of IT-enabled process improvement initiatives
- Quality, Security & Risk Management - Ensure process changes and improvement adhere to quality, security and risk management (e.g., SOX) requirements as it relates to Business Process Services capabilities.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent with a CPA, CA or similar accounting qualification. Significant relevant experience with a considerable portion at a supervisory level.
- Experience of delivering large scale finance transformation programs.
- Problem solving/ resolution skills required with some formal training/accreditation in Lead/Six-Sigma Process Improvement a real plus.
- Oracle EBS Financial experience is preferable
- Experience and/or understanding of Oracle Project Costing and PTP systems and process functionality
- Experience and/or understanding of Payroll systems (e.g., WorkDay) and process functionality
- General understanding of Payroll and/or OPC process, familiarity of OTC, PTP and RTR strongly preferred
- Payroll background ideally with knowledge built from a multi-national organization with international or NA experience. A global view.
- A quick learner with the curiosity to delve into the detail in each process area to quickly gain a deep understanding of the processes and how Gilead does payroll and OPC and how they underpin Payroll / OPC metrics and goals and perform deep dive analysis on the data. Someone that is willing to walk in the shoes of the process owner.
- Be aware of the macro finance environment and possess the ability to successfully challenge and influence operational stakeholders.
- Well-developed influencing and change management skills that will allow for significant process lead-enabled improvements across the Payroll / OPC process areas; experienced at building consensus among business and IT team members at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work and coordinate across organizational boundaries and demonstrate added value in all their efforts with the various business units, regions and functions.
- Strong business and technology acumen; General understanding of business and IT strategy/planning and overall understanding of IT planning and IT project lifecycle
- Strong working knowledge of governance structures with practical experience in developing and implementing effective governance processes with appropriate levels of compliance
- Solid understanding of PMO and portfolio, program & project management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business/information management a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Leadership - the candidate must demonstrate the ability to align and motivate and provide guidance and leadership to teams across multiple functional areas to achieve objectives through others.
- Change leadership ability; creating meaning, innovation, transformation & problem solving. Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive - requires little supervisory attention
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Gilead's core values
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Associate-Director-Business-Systems---Processes-Improvement-Lead_R0015277
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency