Sr. Research Associate II, Method Development, Oceanside, CA
Sr. Research Associate II, Method Development, Oceanside, CA
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Research Associate II, Method Development, Biologics Analytical Development
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of strong late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The successful candidate will possess a detailed understanding of proteins and/or glycosylation. The candidate must be highly motivated to contribute to the research and development of biologics targeting unmet medical need through biochemical characterization and novel method development supporting clinical and commercial programs. Experience in several of the following fields is strongly desired: analytical chemistry, biochemistry, biological mass spectrometry, high performance or ultra-performance liquid chromatography, electrophoretic separations, enzymology, statistics, chemical and biophysical structural elucidation, and bioinformatics.
Teamwork, critical thinking, and the ability to convey complex and nuanced concepts to interdisciplinary teams are required.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Contributes to analytical method development and qualification for protein characterization activities.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity and independent thought in experimental design and strategy.
- Works as a team member to characterize molecules, degradation pathways, and define critical quality attributes.
- Participates in comparability studies.
- Coordinates analysis of in-process samples and product related impurities as needed.
- Works in a matrixed environment and effectively communicate of ideas, results and problems.
- Conceives of experiments and proactively troubleshoots problems.
- Identifies areas for improvement and efficiency gains.
- Participates in method transfer to QC and external CRO/CMO laboratories.
- Maintains familiarity with scientific literature and applies appropriately to projects.
- Represents the company at national/international conferences.
- Manages multiple projects and ensures analytical deliverables are met within timelines.
- Responsible for conducting scientific research for the development of drug candidates.
- Works in collaboration with more junior and more senior scientists to advance state-of-the-art techniques.
- Works on moderately complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables, requiring regular use of intelligence, logic, ingenuity, and creativity.
- Initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation, considering economic, regulatory and safety factors.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions within the context of the work.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in the analytical chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology or a related discipline from an accredited university.
- Bachelor's degree will possess 5+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience.
- Master's degree will possess 3+ relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience.
- Well qualified candidates with differing levels of experience are also encouraged to apply and may be considered for other positions.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret outcomes.
- Strong knowledge in assay development and troubleshooting.
- Experience performing a variety of experiments that support protein analysis in various disciplines. Includes operating equipment, selecting appropriate methods and techniques, analyzing data and preparing related reports/presentations.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Associate-Scientist--Biologics-Analytical-Operations--Method-Development--Oceanside--CA_R0014874-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency