Research Scientist, Immuno-Oncology
Research Scientist, Immuno-Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions.
Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
Research Scientist - Immuno-Oncology
Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) is seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Scientist to join our Immuno-oncology group. Our collaborative and interdisciplinary research team utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and innovative methodologies to advance medicines into the clinic. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the discovery, research, and development of novel immunotherapeutic agents to address unmet medical needs of cancer patients. The successful candida will have opportunities for career growth through acquisition of new skills, experiences, and professional relationships in a fast-paced and resource-rich environment.
- Independently plan, design, execute, analyze, and interpret key in vitro and in vivo proof of concept studies to support novel I/O drug development efforts
- Proactively evaluate new technologies and develop new assays to support early-stage discovery activities and build strong internal scientific expertise
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally with colleagues in the oncology, virology, protein engineering, chemistry, translational medicine, biomarker and clinical groups
- Present research findings and recommendations to senior staff and contribute to preparation of research reports, manuscripts, INDs, and patent filings
- May manage Research Associates or direct members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation
- PhD degree in immunology, cancer immunotherapy, cancer biology or cell biology with 0-3 years of experience
- Minimum of 2 years post-doctoral experience focused on innovative research in immunology with proven achievements in industrial or academic settings is preferred
- Direct experience in general molecular and cell biology methods (e.g., Western blot)
- Direct experience in immunological assays and techniques, including multi-parameter flow cytometry and primary human and/or mouse tissue culture
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Strong motivation, independence and ability to think critically and creatively to resolve problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into a high-paced multidisciplinary environment
- Experience in dendritic cell and/or NK cell biology
- Direct experience in research drug discovery in immuno-oncology
- Experience with the study design/execution of in vivo tumor models
***Level is flexible and commensurate based on candidates experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist--Immuno-Oncology_R0015620-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency