Counsel, HIV Therapeutic Area Legal
Counsel, HIV Therapeutic Area Legal
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Gilead is looking for an attorney to join its Global Therapeutic Area Legal Support (GTAL) team, to provide legal and practical advice to Gilead's largest therapeutic area. This function will best be served by an individual with experience working as a product attorney who also advises on compliance, fraud and abuse, anti-kickback and laws and regulations applicable to the commercialization of pharmaceutical products. Candidates with litigation experience representing pharmaceutical companies on these issues will also be considered. Although this majority of this role will be supporting the US business, support for other parts of the world may be included as well.
Working within the GTAL team you will serve as a strategic partner, and legal and compliance resource to the commercial business to ensure appropriate and compliant promotional practices under applicable FDA and other statutory and regulatory requirements. Under appropriate supervision and in collaboration with colleagues on the GTAL and US Pricing & Access, Commercial Legal teams, this attorney will take substantial responsibility for ensuring appropriate interactions with and communications to healthcare providers and others, and reviewing and monitoring promotional materials and activities, as well as business strategies and tactics, grants and other community support, associated with the company's HIV therapeutic area.
You will contribute to the periodic review, revision and supplementation of corporate and commercial compliance policies, procedures, training and monitoring to ensure they appropriately reflect legal and regulatory developments. This role will also support Medical Affairs as well as Public Affairs, and other company departments as needed, and contribute legal input to cross-functional groups and projects as they arise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results within the reasonable agreed timelines.
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems.
- Advance a positive spirit of solution-oriented partnership and collaboration with internal clients, internal legal colleagues and outside counsel.
- Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company's enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment.
- Recognize and escalate matters of specialty, or unusual complexity or risk as appropriate
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school.
- Be a member in good standing of the State Bar of California, or ability to acquire status of Registered In-House Counsel from the California Bar
- At least 6+ years prior in-house or law firm experience providing legal counsel on the laws and regulations relating to drugs or devices, demonstrating growth and ability to succeed.
- Detailed knowledge of Food and Drug Administration and other government regulation of marketing and advertising of pharmaceutical products is very helpful.
- Familiarity with these additional areas is also helpful: Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, HIPAA, privacy laws, advertising laws and regulatory guidances, and legal contract principles.
- Must have demonstrated high EQ and client-service orientation; able to recognize and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients.
- Must have demonstrated skills, depth and expertise depending in area(s) of responsibility.
- Have exceptional and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires demonstration of Gilead's core values: Teamwork, Accountability, Inclusion, Excellence and Integrity
- This position requires working within a team extensively and accordingly, the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with others is critical. You must possess strong interpersonal skills, EQ, professionalism and the ability to work well with a variety of different personalities to be successful in this role.
- This position is based in Foster City, California.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Counsel--HIV-Therapeutic-Area-Legal_R0015545-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency