Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Introduction to Financial Shared Services:
The Strategic Objective of Financial Shared Services (FSS) is to provide value adding financial services in an efficient and effective model that supports the company's growth and enables our business partners to deliver their strategic imperatives.
The FSS in Cork was established in 2009, and has evolved from a transactional based model to a Value add with a focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement within a dynamic and fast paced environment. Within Gilead we have a real focus to attract, retain and engage talent in a way that maximizes impact on the business along with growth and development opportunities for our team. We support inclusion encouraging diversity, by creating a safe working environment, where differences are valued. This matters because inclusion brings innovation and engagement, people will feel valued and empowered.
General Job Requirements:
Reporting to the RTR Senior Manager, International Financial Shared Services (FSS), this position will be responsible for the General Ledger accounting for one or more entities within the International FSS.
Job duties include:
- Maintains ledger integrity and ensures financial compliance with the worldwide Controller's manual and to all applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure financial records are in compliance with GAAP. Consistently maintains appropriate internal controls and upholds company policies and procedures including Worldwide Controller's manual
- Responsible for the timely and accurate review and posting of month-end close and accounting transactions; P&L and balance sheet account analysis, review, reconciliation and resolution
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting requirements under U.S. and local GAAP
- Assist market finance team with technical accounting issues relating to leasing and other statutory accounting queries
- Responsible for Lease Accounting as per new Standard ASC842 and IFRS15
- Experience in a global finance function of a multi-location, multinational corporation.
- The development of strong relationships with key stakeholders, in particular with market finance teams across EMEA, APAC and US. Ability to quickly establish credibility with and influence diverse audiences.
- Contribution to the definition of service standards and continuous management of service level agreements
- Contribution to the definition and maintenance of key performance indicators (KPIs) and the establishment of a continuous improvement culture
- Interacts successfully with internal and external auditors and supports quarter-end, interim and year-end audits by providing timely and accurate data and communication
- Evaluates processes and recommends and implements process improvements
- Helps develop, maintain and assess internal controls related to Gilead's accounting and financial reporting systems
- Interacts successfully with non-financial personnel as well as with internal and external auditors
- A champion for the Shared Services philosophy and architecture for Finance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - the ability to work effectively across multiple functions and different cultures
- Responsible for supporting and/ or preparation of the Statutory Accounting Activities for one or more entities.
- Responsible for supporting and/or preparation of the Vat Journals, reconciliations and returns for one or more entities.
- Support the preparation of monthly operations decks for one or more entities within the International FSS.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly flux reporting packs.
- Ability to travel is necessary
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Qualified Accountant or person with an equivalent accountancy qualification with a fundamental understanding of what it takes to operate within a multi-country RTR environment in a multi-national corporation.
- The person we seek will ideally have RTR experience in a similar organization operating in several major countries in Europe, with exposure to the United States and in depth knowledge of general accounting policies and procedures in particular Tax and US GAAP as well as knowledge of local European country statutory and tax reporting requirements.
- This role requires a flexible and adaptable individual, an individual who has strong peripheral vision to allow them to capture accounting related matters in newly established markets and work closely with the outsource providers to ensure local compliance.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle is essential. Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required.
- Experience of operating RTR processes in a Shared Service Center in a multi-country corporate environment is an advantage.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry also a plus.
Customer service: A commitment and focus on customer service - defining and exceeding multiple customer expectations and delivering on the service commitments
Process focus: Skills in process analysis, assessment and improvement and working in a team environment where continuous improvement is encouraged
Interpersonal skills: An effective team player, whose energy and well developed communication skills make this person a persuasive leader, negotiator and relationship builder.
Thinker/Do-er: A clear, fast thinker, able to translate business needs into pragmatic solutions and implement them.
Diversity: Able to work effectively in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
Handle complexity: Able to handle the ambiguity that arises from time to time in a global organization in a multi-country environment.
Language: The person we seek will be able to communicate effectively in English. An additional major European language would be beneficial - French, German, Spanish or Italian.
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Senior-Accountant_R0014219
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency