Manager, Corporate Governance
Manager, Corporate Governance
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The successful candidate will be a member of a collaborative legal team where they will have numerous opportunities to be involved in and influence the implementation of new processes in the provision of best-practice company secretarial and legal support. This role can be based in Cork or Dublin.
The individual will report to the Director, Legal at GSIUC, and key responsibilities will include:
- Acquiring an in-depth understanding of Gilead's corporate structure;
- Managing Gilead's Irish entities to ensure that to ensure that all company secretarial compliance matters are attended to;
- Providing day-to-day corporate governance support, working collaboratively with in-house counsel and third-party service providers;
- Actively participating in various GSIUC cross-functional initiatives and projects;
- Coordinating, overseeing and minuting regular board meetings;
- Maintaining statutory books and records for Irish entities and monitoring compliance with all relevant statutory, regulatory requirements and filing deadlines;
- Preparing a wide variety of documents including board minutes, resolutions, documentation relating to share transfers, approval of accounts, powers of attorney etc.;
- Partnering with Tax, Treasury and Finance teams to implement key strategic projects from time to time in respect of corporate restructurings, company formations, branch registrations, Treasury transactions etc.;
- Supporting Regulatory Affairs with review and execution of documents required for Regulatory submissions across the globe;
- Arranging for document execution, notarisations, apostilling and filing with relevant registry;
- Establishing and maintaining excellent business partnering relationships with key internal stakeholders including legal teams from other regions and functional teams across the Company e.g. Finance, Tax, Treasury, Regulatory Affairs etc.;
- Developing a Board Training Plan and managing the co-ordination and delivery of all related training;
- Design and implementation of governance processes.
- ICSA qualified with significant previous experience working in a company secretarial function, preferably in a multinational organisation;
- Proven experience of handling corporate governance matters and a deep understanding of company secretarial processes.
- High quality and accuracy of work, comfortable operating with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communicator, with ability to establish and maintain open and effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels in the business;
- Collaborative disposition, with willingness to work as part of a team and assist with other miscellaneous matters as they arise;
- An interest in continuous improvement and developing processes to strengthen the effectiveness of the legal function.
- Comfortable applying his/her judgment to areas outside his/her core competency.
Gilead's Core Values:
- Integrity (always doing the right thing);
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith);
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability);
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity and respect people of all backgrounds and experiences)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Manager--Corporate-Governance_R0015365
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency