Sr Director, Government Affairs
Sr Director, Government Affairs
China - Hong Kong
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Founded in 1987, Gilead has approximately 11,000 employees and operations in more than 35 countries worldwide.Gilead is known for its innovative medicines, start-up culture, lean teams and deep expertise of its people. Gilead has a heritage of being grounded in science.Following the significant environmental challenges, the company has invested in the Government Affairs discipline with the aim of fostering an innovational friendly environment to enable patients to have access to our innovative portfolio.Government Affairs and Policy aims to act as a critical link, connecting governments with Gilead science and connecting Gilead with policymakers' needs and expectations. We strive to be a thought-leading function, valued for our analysis and insight and capability to inform policy change that enhances patients' access to Gilead's innovation. Our vision of success is to foster an environment where governments' value, reward and support access to Gilead's innovation.Summary: Sr. Director, Government Affairs Asia 5 - is an Asia region based position reporting to the Executive Director of Government Affairs for the Intercontinental Region at Gilead Sciences. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, business focused, creative individual with a strong background in government affairs and healthcare. The successful candidate will be part of the Hong Kong-based regional leadership team, and will have opportunities to shape Gilead's presence in the region. This position will have government affairs responsibility for the following commercial markets: South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia (Asia5).Job Description:The Sr. Director's primary responsibility will be to work closely with all parts of Gilead's Asia5 business to develop relationships with key government stakeholders and their advisors to advance policies and legislation aligned with Gilead's business goals. The individual will also facilitate engagement among Gilead's own business leadership and government officials and other stakeholders. The Government Affairs Sr. Director will manage the company's outreach and consultancy relationships in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia and will work in close collaboration with Gilead's country teams on local, regional and global issues and relationships. The individual in this position will build strong cross-functional relationships with our commercial, medical affairs, legal and public affairs teams. Outside Gilead, the Sr. Director will foster relationships within the policy, medical and patient communities in line with Gilead's business strategy.Responsibilities:
- Build Gilead's presence and brand in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia through high-level leadership.
- Develop new approaches and relationships at the national government, at regional levels, and with external stakeholders and influencers.
- Organize strategic outreach, engagement with and partnerships, including on health policy leadership.
- Manage country strategy and initiatives directed from both Gilead headquarters and the country General Manager, and take personal responsibility and action as necessary.
- Coordinate internally with all functions to ensure successful and efficient operations in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia (e.g., commercial, policy, legal, medical affairs, public affairs) and effectively utilize Gilead's consultants.
- Create and maintain trust-based relationships with policymakers at senior levels of each government, and also with key U.S. officials, and lead/initiate policy changing initiatives in line with strategy.
- Work closely within Gilead to earn the confidence of senior executives and help them understand the political and business environment and the value of relationships with government officials and leading policymakers and influencers.
- Develop novel approaches to dealing with evolving issues and a constantly changing external environment.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Gilead government affairs in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia
- Provide timely updates to internal management on opportunities, challenges, and risks in the policy environment, and assist the management team with country strategies where required.
- Select, evaluate and develop personnel and consultants as required. Manage relationships with trade associations and other membership and advocacy groups.
- Ensure integrity and strict view and record of compliance and accountability, to uphold Gilead's corporate values and adherence to laws, regulations and principles in every market.
- Masters or JD or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience with a successful track record of being a leader in policy setting environments in government, and/or in policy and government relations functions with a corporation, consultancy, trade association or special interest group.
- Significant experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries required. Experience with commercial entry or expansion in east Asia preferred.
- Knowledge of HIV, HBV, HCV, Liver Disease and Oncology policy environment in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia is preferred; an understanding of public health/global health policy issues is essential.
- Strong existing relationships with South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia government officials, policymakers, and agencies at a national and as regional level.
- Excellent strategic thinker with demonstrated operational, analytical, negotiation and consensus building skills, and strong executive presence.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and to work in (and cultivate) highly collaborative and cross-functional teams (internal and external).
- Track record of being a leader in policy-setting environments such as in-house at a corporation, trade association or a relevant government agency, with skill managing teams or working groups.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English. Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and/or Korean is highly desirable
- Ability to travel extensively.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/China---Hong-Kong/Sr-Director--Government-Affairs_R0015659
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency