Associate Director, Development Project Management
Associate Director, Development Project Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Position Overview:The Associate Director, Project Management is responsible for managing projects and initiatives to support Development functional areas.
Note: This position can be based in Foster City or Seattle
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Plan and manage complex projects and initiatives across Development, including strategic initiatives, cross-functional projects and department projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business process owners, and subject matter experts to create project deliverables. These may represent internal Gilead functions and/or external parties, like business partners, vendors, etc.
- Monitor the health of the project and manage project dependencies
- Track and report regularly on project, initiative and portfolio status
- Translate business needs into projects and initiatives; define and communicate business and financial benefits of projects and initiatives
- Proactively drive project communications and timely resolution of issues
- Contribute to the Development PMO in defining and implementing best practices in project and portfolio management
- Work in partnership with project sponsor(s), lead(s) and team members, including vendors, regulatory authorities, to ensure timely, efficient, and effective meetings, and to ensure progress on project activities between meetings.
- Leads Project Management support for various functional areas as required. Attends sub team meetings; organizes ad hoc working groups as required.
- Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies and processes.
- Provides useful insights based on previous experiences.
- Represents the Project Team to the Functional Area Leadership and/or Program Steering Committees for major strategic decisions.
- Ensure the coordination of project management roles and responsibilities across projects requiring multiple PMs (IT, Business, Vendor PMs).
- Develop and lead a functional group of project managers, may include employees and contingent workers
- Define goals; assign tasks and provide direction to the group to achieve the goals
- Coach, develop and grow the team members
- Participate in Performance Management and Talent Acquisition processes
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Experience should include 7 years of participation in cross-functional project management activities in various stages of development
- Demonstrated experience to complete large, complex, multi-year projects
- A scientific background with broad experience in Drug Development is strongly preferred.
- 12+ years of experience with a BA in a relevant discipline and an advanced degree.
- 6+ years of relevant experience and/or a PhD in a scientific field degree.
- Line management supervisory experience is preferred Vendor management experience is preferred.; Experience with negotiating contracts and estimation of project/program budgets preferred
- Must be a quality driven individual with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills to work with project leaders to identify and overcome complex project obstacles.
- Excellent verbal, written, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on a number of projects with tight timelines is required.
- Specific knowledge in areas that may pertain to a particular area of expertise (e.g., Biometrics, Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs, etc).
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Development-Project-Management_R0015726
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency