Assoc Director, Medical Affairs Operations
Assoc Director, Medical Affairs Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This role will serve as the global lead in driving strategic and consistent operation of all Medical Affairs systems and applications in conjunction with Process, Innovation and Technology team.
- Manages the Regional Leads in Technology Services for US, ACE and International region and their respective functional team.
- The Global Technology Service lead is responsible for coordinating, and ensuring consistency and efficiency in, all Medical Affairs department information systems and select processes.
- In close collaboration with Process and Technology Solutions as well as IT team, directly manages the support for Medical Affairs systems and applications which includes developing support plans and defining escalation paths and support level agreements.
- Leads on the quality control and improvement initiatives for Medical Affairs systems and oversee a functional unit.
- Works closely with the Global Process Services Lead to foster and refine the role of Global Solution Services team, ensuring consistency and continuous optimization of operational support be provided to Medical Affairs organization.
- Oversees team development, coaching and support of all direct and indirect reports to ensure competency to support Medical Affairs department over systems and applications, as well as professional development opportunities for the team.
- Exhibit Gilead's core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, excellence, & inclusion in accordance with the highest ethical and compliance standards, including Gilead's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct policies.
- Thorough understanding of departmental and company policies, processes
- Demonstrated strength in leading cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated strength in developing/growing a functional area
- Demonstrated strength in working closely with management to develop effective and creative solutions to complex problems
- Past success in mentoring colleagues, improving their skills and expanding their abilities/knowledge
- Past success in influencing individuals, groups outside immediate control
- Past success in managing highly complex multiple projects simultaneously
Education and Experience
- BS/BA and 10 years or MS/MA and 8 years of relevant experience
- Must have line- management supervisory experience.
- Project management, support and training certifications such as Microsoft Server administrator certification, Salesforce Admin certification, Linux admin certification preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Assoc-Director--Medical-Affairs-Information-Systems_R0014456
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency