Executive Director, Government Affairs ACE
Executive Director, Government Affairs ACE
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Founded in 1987, Gilead has approximately 11,000 employees and operations in more than 35 countries worldwide.
Gilead is known for its innovative medicines, start-up culture, lean teams and deep expertise of its people. Gilead has a heritage of being grounded in science.
Following the significant environmental challenges, the company has invested in the Government Affairs discipline with the aim of fostering an innovational friendly environment to enable patients to have access to our innovative portfolio.
Government Affairs and Policy aims to act as a critical link, connecting governments with Gilead science and connecting Gilead with policymakers' needs and expectations. We strive to be a thought-leading function, valued for our analysis and insight and capability to inform policy change that enhances patients' access to Gilead's innovation. Our vision of success is to foster an environment where governments value, reward and support access to Gilead's innovation.
Australia, Canada and Europe consist of 96% of ex US sales for Gilead and is therefore the most important regional bloc. The European part of the region consists of the big 5' plus Region 1 and Region 2. The medium sized markets of the Nordics, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Israel and Australia make up Region 1, while Portugal, Greece, Czech Republic, Greece, Russia and Turkey consist of Region 2.
As the Government Affairs' Executive Director for ACE the person will be expected to: -
- Lead a team of 20 Government Affairs professionals who are based in the affiliates
- Represent the function on the VP for international Government Affairs Leadership Team and other cross functional teams
- Ensure government affairs' perspective is considered when commercial, regulatory, market access, patient access and medical affairs plans are formulated
- Represent Government Affairs on the External Affairs Committee and ensure it supports the government affairs strategy and signs off on policy positions
- Proactively shape and inform government policy through drafting a compelling government affairs strategy that is effectively and efficiently implemented by the team in the affiliates
- - Develop a strong network of high-level political contacts and establish and maintain trusted relationships with relevant stakeholders
- - Continually deepens understanding of the political healthcare environment, understands and predicts policy developments and creates effective strategies to mitigate challenges and exploit opportunities
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- The role is responsible for creating government affairs strategies, policy shaping and stakeholder engagement across ACE region to deliver Gilead's objectives
- Establish Gilead as the leader in therapy areas of HIV, HCV, cell therapy and oncology amongst the eyes of relevant government stakeholders and ensure governments prioritise these diseases
- Drive internal understanding and external advocacy towards ACE's commercial deliverables
- Work closely with the Policy team in commissioning and disseminating evidence and deploying strategies to shape the environment
- Act as a source of strategic counsel to other functional heads and the region's general managers
- Align with the regional above country market access team to bring government affairs expertise as part of an integrated approach to maximise the prospects of securing market access and reimbursement
- Work collaboratively with the commercial teams and other core functions such as Medical, Regulatory and Public Affairs to ensure an integrated approach in delivering ACE's commercial goals
- Oversea the appointment of affiliate-based government affairs agencies where appropriate in support of our advocacy
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare systems across the ACE region and key policies relevant for securing market access and reimbursement for highly innovative medicines
- Proven performer with experience of leading and managing international teams within the industry
- Track record of shaping and informing policy debates and dialogue across ACE
- Strong understanding of public policies affecting the research based pharmaceutical sector
- Excellent strategic thinker with an ability to formulate, develop and execute on agreed strategies
- Ability to lead matrix teams, and motivate colleagues to deliver tangible outcomes
- Strong executive presence with ability to command respect with both external and internal stakeholders
- Sound business judgement and analytical skills combined with an ability to translate business objectives into public policy goals
- Successful working within cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, unpredictable environment and with diverse staff and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Positive, solution-based approach to outputs
- Multi lingual skills are desirable
- A post graduate degree is desirable
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Gilead Leadership Commitments
- I am Bold in Aspiration and Agile in Execution
- I Trust Others and Myself to Make Sound Decisions
- I Care and Make Time for People
- I Listen, Speak Openly, and Explain the Why
- I Own the Impact of My Words and Actions
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Executive-Director--Government-Affairs-ACE_R0015662
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency