Manager, Market Access
Manager, Market Access
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Regional Market Access Manager
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
We currently have a vacancy for a field-based, customer-facing, cross-therapy Regional Market Access (RMAx) Manager role with a primary focus on ensuring & broadening access for current & future Gilead medicines in addition to optimising funding for service delivery at regional and hospital trust level across the London region.
This role will sit within the UK & Ireland Market Access Function and will report to one of the two Regional Market Access Field Team Leaders.
The RMAx Manager is required to lead & implement the regional access strategy with a broad range of payer and clinical customers in order to achieve and / or broaden access for the Gilead portfolio across their region. The RMAx manager will work in close collaboration and partnership with the Gilead commercial head office and commercial field-based teams to achieve success.
The main focus of the role will be working with Commissioners, Payers, Clinical Budget Holders and other relevant decision makers in the NHS to:
- Ensure appropriate and consistent patient access to Gilead medicines within the regional payer, local CCGs and provider trust environment
- Ensure optimal positioning of Gilead medicines within regional clinical and commissioning guidelines
- Enable optimisation of funding for service elements (eg patient pathways) in the therapeutic areas within which Gilead works
The majority of the Regional Market Access Managers time will be focused on the therapeutic areas of Inflammation/Immunology HCV and HIV.
Specifically, this role will involve:
- Leading & implementing the Gilead market access strategy for the London region
- Mapping out and developing strong working relationships with relevant regional NHS, ICS & CCG commissioning personnel to enable implementation of Gilead access strategies
- Accountability for the timely inclusion of Gilead medicines onto local & regional formularies and clinical guidelines
- Removal of any regional or local barriers to patient access
- Responsibility for developing a deep understanding of the local policy & payer environment and a deep understanding of local NHS priorities - bringing insight into the organisation as to how these areas are commissioned, what key local access barriers and recommendations as to how key challenges can be resolved
- Scoping out the potential opportunities for Gilead within the changing NHS environment including integrated health care organisations - reflecting back recommendations to the brand and market access teams and identifying the key decision makers with whom interactions should occur
- The ability to develop, articulate and refine brand value propositions through use of approved Gilead Payer Tools and messaging
- Close proactive collaboration with Gilead cross functional teams to ensure alignment between national and regional/local plans.
- Identification of opportunities to optimise funding for service elements (eg patient pathways) in the therapeutic areas within which Gilead works
The candidate will be responsible for developing and sustaining highly effective, well informed, credible, productive and compliant working relationships between Gilead and the following external stakeholders:
- CCG Commissioners & Decision Makers - particularly High Cost Drug leads
- Regional and Area NHS England Specialised Commissioning Teams
- Provider Trust Level Budget Holders / Commissioners including clinical leads and specialist pharmacists
- Medicines Management & Formulary Pharmacists
- Regional & Trust Level Procurement Pharmacists
- RMOC Leads and other relevant RMOC Committee Members
- Regional CRG Members
- Regional and local Public Health Commissioners
- Local Authority Commissioners
Experience, Capabilities and Requirements:
Essential / Desired Experience
- Market Access & CCG Payer Experience & Success in Role
- Experience of developing strong & successful relationships with NHS Payers
- Inflammation / Immunology Commercial Experience
- Sales Excellence
- Breadth of experience in Market Access - leading HTA process, developing payer value propositions and material development
Essential / Desired Behaviours / Skillset
- Proven delivery of successful outcomes in the payer environment
- Proven experience of Self-motivation, Accountability, Integrity & Teamwork
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Leading & Influencing teams without authority
- Understanding of payer environment, NHS Commissioning, the Long Term Plan & Integrated Care Models
- Both pharma & commissioning experience
- Ability to prioritise and flex dependent on the needs & requirements of the business
- Strategic thinking and ability to influence senior managers to adopt ideas and strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Manager--Market-Access_R0015773-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency