Executive Director Government Affairs Region 1
Executive Director Government Affairs Region 1
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Founded in 1987, Gilead has approximately 11,000 employees and operations in more than 35 countries worldwide.
Gilead is known for its innovative medicines, start-up culture, lean teams and deep expertise of its people. Gilead has a heritage of being grounded in science.
Following the significant environmental challenges, the company has invested in the Government Affairs discipline with the aim of fostering an innovational friendly environment to enable patients to have access to our innovative portfolio.
Government Affairs and Policy aims to act as a critical link, connecting governments with Gilead science and connecting Gilead with policymakers' needs and expectations. We strive to be a thought-leading function, valued for our analysis and insight and capability to inform policy change that enhances patients' access to Gilead's innovation. Our vision of success is to foster an environment where governments value, reward and support access to Gilead's innovation.
About Region 1
Region 1 consists of the major mid-sized markets across the ACE region. It includes the Nordics, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Israel and Australia. Taken together the region represents the largest affiliate in ACE. The countries are mature democracies with established and complex healthcare systems. At the same time, they have very different approaches to the way they tackle diseases and manage their healthcare spend.
As the Government Affairs' Executive Director for Region 1 the person will be expected to: -
- Lead a team of Government Affairs professionals who are located in the affiliates
- Manage contractor activities to support the general manager and his/her leadership team, where Gilead does not have a FTE
- Represent the function on the Vice President's commercial leadership team
- Be a member of the Head of ACE Government Affairs' leadership team
- Manage a six-figure budget
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- The role is responsible for providing government affairs strategies, policy shaping and stakeholder engagement to deliver company's objectives
- Establish Gilead as a leader in therapy areas of HIV, HCV and cell therapy in and ensure government prioritise these diseases
- Prepare the environment for the launch in Oncology
- Drive internal understanding and external advocacy towards Region 1's deliverables
- Act as a source of strategic counsel to Region 1's General Managers and represent the government affairs priorities of these markets within the Region 1 and ACE government affairs' leadership teams
- Align with the regional above country market access team to bring government affairs expertise as part of an integrated approach to maximise the prospects of securing market access and reimbursement
- Work collaboratively with the commercial team and other core functions such as Medical and Public Affairs to ensure an integrated approach in delivering to our commercial goals
- Oversea the appointment of affiliate-based government affairs agencies where appropriate in support of our advocacy
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Proven performer with extensive experience of leading and managing teams within the industry
- Strong understanding of public policies affecting the research based pharmaceutical sector
- Track record of shaping and informing policy debates and dialogue
- Excellent strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute on agreed strategies
- Ability to lead matrix teams, and motivate colleagues to deliver tangible outcomes
- Knowledge of the healthcare system and key policies relevant for pharmaceutical market access for highly innovative medicines
- Strong executive presence with ability to command respect with both external and internal stakeholders
- Sound business judgment and analytical skills; operates to high ethical standards
- Successful working within cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Multi lingual skills are desirable
- Positive, solution-based approach to outputs
- Behaviors are in accordance to Gilead's core values
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, unpredictable environment, and with diverse staff and external stakeholders
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Executive-Director-Government-Affairs-Region-1_R0015709-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency