Associate Director, HIV Community Marketing
Associate Director, HIV Community Marketing
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Associate Director, HIV Community Marketing will play a critical role in the creation and development of Gilead's HIV/AIDS strategy to support the UNAIDS targets of 90-90-90 in Canada. This role will collaborate with health-care providers, public health, regional health / medical teams and other stakeholders in linking patients currently diagnosed with HIV/AIDS to sustained care and treatment. Additionally, this role will also work to support PrEP implementation targeted at appropriate individual's at risk of acquiring HIV/AIDS.
This role will:
- Support the cross-functional team to develop and execute the Gilead Canada strategy to support the linkage of care for patients diagnosed with HIV/AIDS but not currently on sustained treatment consistent with the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets. Within this context, this individual will develop and execute provincial, regional or city-wide plan of action (POA) aimed at partnerships with external stakeholders and across internal Gilead functions.
- Manage a team of field-based regional Community liaisons to support the execution of the national strategy and pull through of the non-promotional BPOA tactics
- Utilizes multiple sources of information (e.g. primary and secondary market research, advisory boards, field force, etc.) to uncover opportunities that can positively impact stakeholder engagement along the whole health care continuum
- Supports ongoing dialogue & partnership with influential thought leaders and healthcare providers within the HIV/AIDS community across regional initiatives (i.e. FastTrack City Mandates) and through this develop and maintain a comprehensive assessment of the political and policy landscape regarding HIV/AIDS provincial mandates and across regional health networks
- Work closely with internal and external cross-functional teams, supporting strategy development and executing non-promotional tactics across the Gilead BPOA processes
- Collaborates extensively across the organization particularly with the broader HIV Marketing Team, Medical Affairs, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, and Commercial Operations
- Manage POA to strict timeline/deliverables, including budget
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), regularly tracking and measuring the success of initiatives and tactics
- Responsible for outreach, development, execution, maintenance and monitoring of strategic network of relationships
- Perform all administrative functions required of the position, including reporting metrics and contracts, etc.
- In partnership with other cross-functional partners, lead the planning, approach, coordination and execution of key scientific conferences and events across franchise
- Develop and deliver presentations to a range of internal stakeholders and external audiences
- Ensures compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and policies
- 7+ years pharmaceutical industry or public health/healthcare environments
- A minimum of 3-5 years of brand development and marketing preferred
- HIV therapeutic area experience is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials
- Strategic thinker and proven track record of using insights to inform marketing decisions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills and ability to effectively and efficiently communicate to a variety of groups and audiences
- Proven track record of effectively managing multiple projects and priorities
- Demonstrated project management skills including analytical assessment, timeline and budget management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management, plan execution, and performance management
- Ability to work well as part of a team and expertise as a leader with well-developed influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong presence with ability to command respect through exercise of sound business judgment and clear decision-making
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing budgets, with an understanding of expense budget planning and tracking
- Bachelor's degree required MBA or advanced scientific degree preferred
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Associate-Director--HIV-Community-Marketing_R0015731
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency