Director, Medical Affairs - Info Systems
Director, Medical Affairs - Info Systems
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This role ensures that key Medical Affairs activities that span across regions and/or TAs are effectively supported, and that associated processes are codified, understood, adopted, applied consistently, and optimized.
- Manages the process services teams in US, ACE and International regions
- Accountable for the ongoing optimization of processes governing medical affairs activities and projects across the organization by working closely with respective regional and therapeutic leaders in Medical Affairs
- Provides strategic guidance on Medical Affairs projects, processes and vendor management across the US, ACE and International regions, in close partnership with other key cross-functional stakeholders including Business Conduct and Legal, Finance, Procurement and IT.
- Works closely with the Global Technology Services Lead to foster and refine the role of the Global Solution Services team, ensuring operational support is provided to the Medical Affairs organization.
- Oversees team development, coaching and support of all direct and indirect reports to ensure competency to support Medical Affairs department over project, process and vendor management, as well as professional development opportunities for the team.
- Exhibit Gilead's core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, excellence, & inclusion in accordance with the highest ethical and compliance standards, including Gilead's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct policies, and applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Highly resourceful and strategic thinker with strong operational rigor and project management capabilities
- Consistent cross-functional collaborator and business partner, directly contributing to teams to achieve overall objectives
- Strong leadership and direct people management experience, with effective interpersonal skills to effectively manage teams in a matrix environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities and projects, requiring an excellent ability to prioritize and manage expectations by demonstrating the ability to focus on departmental goals and while analyzing complex issues and drive to timely, thoughtful and realistic solutions and recommendations
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% in and out of region may be required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, PharmD or advanced degree preferred
- 10 years + relevant professional experience, preferably in a similar role in either pharma or large biotech companies for regional or global Medical Affairs
- Must have line- management supervisory experience.
- Must have experience leading a function or department.
- Project and vendor management, support and training certifications preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Medical-Affairs---Info-Systems_R0014455
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency