Principal Scientist, Drug Metabolism (Director)
Principal Scientist, Drug Metabolism (Director)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions, cancer and inflammation, headquartered in Foster City, California.
Gilead's core values of integrity, inclusion, teamwork, excellence, and accountability shape our culture and are the foundation of our future success. Challenge yourself and make a difference in the world - Being Here Matters.
The primary responsibility of this pharmacokinetic (PK) scientist is to serve as a PK and drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic (DMPK) representative and provide guidance to drug discovery project teams and after candidate selection continue with project through drug development phases to registration/post approval. Apply knowledge in primary area of expertise broadly to benefit department across the portfolio.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as DMPK subject matter expert on dynamic cross-functional teams, to define ADME strategy to achieve target product profile, provide in vitro and in vivo drug disposition and DDI data, interpretation and presentations to teams.
- Work closely with internal and external resources to assure a high level of quality and timely delivery of DMPK support.
- Design and perform complex PK analysis, model development and PK/PD analyses to answer translational questions and to provide DMPK guidance for project teams.
- Makes major contributions to scientific literature and conferences through publication and presentation of research results.
- Ability to communicate and educate others on complex areas of ADMET science as a technical expert. Could be a deep expert in one area with working knowledge of other aspects of drug disposition.
- Supervising associate scientists may be required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- You are a highly motivated individual with PhD degree in life sciences with 12+ years of industry experience in small molecule discovery and development.
- You will demonstrate excellent scientific verbal, technical communication and interpersonal skills. Must be organized, pay attention to details and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- You will have a prior experience contributing to the discovery and development of a drug candidate from preclinical through clinical trials.
- You will be considered an expert in one or more sub-disciplines of ADME or bioanalytical sciences demonstrated through presentation/publication record.
- You are comfortable working with and educating medicinal chemists on strategies to understand and solve ADME and DDI liabilities.
- You are an expert and have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Discovery & development of long acting agents and nucleoside prodrugs
- Expertise in non-oral routes of delivery - for example - inhalation
- Mechanistic PK and pharmacodynamics (PD) analysis, design, interpret, simulation, and report to provide guidance for drug discovery and development projects. For example - PK/PD and physiology based PK modeling or systems biology using MATLAB/Simbiology, WinNonlin/Phoenix, NONMEM or R.
- Enzymology, biotransformation and reactive metabolite chemistry.
- Principles and theories on PK and ADME science, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports the advancement of drug candidates.
- Capability in the state of the art bioanalysis with previous experience in applying automation to enable high throughput bioanalysis.
- Application of state of the art approaches to understand drug transporter substrate and inhibition liabilities. Ability to quantitatively translate in vitro results to predict in vivo behavior using modeling.
- Therapeutic protein bioanalysis, disposition and PK modeling.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Principal-Scientist--Drug-Metabolism_R0013837-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency