Senior Project Manager, Business Process Improvement - Pharma R&D
Senior Project Manager, Business Process Improvement - Pharma R&D
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Manager, Business Process (Program/Senior Project Manager)
The Systems and Process (S&P) team is a dedicated, centralized group that provides strategic consultation, technical consultation, and internal customer service for Gilead's Development Operations team. The team promotes excellence in standards, processes, analytics, and business intelligence for the benefit of Gilead and patients everywhere.
This position will serve as a Program Manager/Senior Project Manager within the S&P team and is responsible for the project management of procedural documentation and quality control within the organization. Collaborating cross-functionally and with all levels of the organization, well-suited candidates will combine strong program & project management, interpersonal, and stakeholder management skills to drive the identification, documentation, and adoption of best practices throughout Gilead.
In this role, the candidate will support the Program Management (PM) Director with tactically managing the day to day program, providing project execution, and best practice guidance to process team members. This role will work with PM Director to execute and manage the program/project management function to support Development Operations initiatives, inclusive of preparing presentation materials, organizing, and facilitating portfolio or Project Manager team meetings as requested.
The ideal candidate is experienced in running large global programs as well as several projects in parallel (approx. 4-5 mid-size to small size projects or approx. 2-3 complex programs/projects at one time), including managing resources in a matrix environment. This person will have a high degree of emotional intelligence, growth mindset, strong strategic thinking, problem solving expertise, experienced stakeholder management, very collaborative, motivated, and self-directing, and excellent communication skills both written and verbal. This person will need to work in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment, yet, bring organization and control to the track(s) of PM work they manage.
- Provide expert direction and guidance to project team during the execution of procedural documentation, project management, stakeholder management, and process improvement activities in conjunction liaise with cross-functional stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Perform independently as executing Program / Project Manager, including creating and managing program/project artifacts (i.e. Microsoft project plans, action items, meeting minutes, presentations, etc).
- Ensures the business objectives are clear and actionable to provide the project team with momentum and context while defining scope leading to detailed requirements and work breakdown structure.
- Perform content review and quality control for a portfolio of documents to drive alignment with Gilead policies and best practices
- Propose and implement plans to resolve complex issues and execute corrective actions
- Drive continued team progress on multiple projects during and between meetings
- Determine actions required to achieve team goals and leverage program/project staff accordingly
- Assist with staff alignment with organizational priorities
- Synthesize complex data and present findings clearly to senior leadership
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to assess process alignment and prioritize revisions as necessary to ensure continued relevance and applicability
- Support budget creation and resource allocation decision-making within the organization
- Advise on the development and delivery of internal training materials on an as-needed basis
- Drive standardization and the adoption of best practices across the Development Operations organization, including developing processes and tools that encourage knowledge sharing and continuous performance improvement
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years of Process Improvement and Project Management experience or master's degree with 6+ years of Process Improvement and Project Management experience
- Excellent program / project management, change management, logical problem-solving, consensus-building, Influencing, and leadership skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (including Visio, Project, and Excel), including preparing, organizing, facilitating, and presenting to Associate Director level and up leadership.
- Excellent ability to communicate across the organizational hierarchy and cross-functionally, including maintain working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Experience with drug development or highly regulated environments
- Serves as a subject matter expert on all projects under responsibility is a must
- Exceptional ability to manage changing priorities and ambiguity
- PMP Certification highly preferred
- At least 2 years of Process Improvement/Project Management experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceuticals industry highly preferred
- Experience with Business Analysis process and techniques
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
- Experience with developing content and leading portfolio/project review meetings for leadership and management team.
- Experience managing and collaborating with virtual or remote teams
- Experience in working at a consultancy company with related experience is a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Project-Manager--Business-Process-Improvement---Pharma-R-D_R0015704-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency