POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW POSITION AT UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
Postdoctoral fellow positions are available at University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine in Dr. Esra Sahingur’s laboratory. The primary focus of the laboratory is to determine the regulators of inflammation in the maintenance of tissue homeostasis in the oral mucosa and genetic and epigenetic susceptibility to periodontal inflammation and periodontitis-associated systemic conditions. On-going projects include preclinical studies utilizing in vivo and in vitro disease models, and clinical translational projects which study:
- Innate sensing, ubiquitination and host-microbiome interactions in the oral cavity health and disease, aging and oral health related systemic conditions including diabetes, neurological disorders and liver diseases.
- Interventions with natural compounds and small molecule inhibitors.
The candidates will work closely with the primary investigator (Dr. Sahingur) and pre- and postdoctoral students as part of a multidisciplinary research team. Candidates will be expected to work independently and collaboratively with all the members of the research team, prepare peer-reviewed publications, grants and conference presentations.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or any of the related fields in Biological Sciences;
- Well versed in standard molecular, biochemical and immunological techniques, mammalian cell culture-based assays;
- Strong writing and oral communication skills;
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates who had prior experience handling mice, CRISPR applications, ChIP assays, cell imaging techniques and flow cytometry and those with strong immunology and molecular biology backgrounds are preferred.
The laboratory is located at the University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine, with access to state-of-the-art core facilities. Please submit your Curriculum Vitae with list of publications and the name/contact information of three references via email to:
Sinem Esra Sahingur, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and Student Research
Associate Professor, Department of Periodontics
University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
240 S. 40th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104