Scientist – GSK
The work location is based in either: Brentford, Stevenage, Ware, OR Weybridge
Duration 6 Month Contract
Pay rate is between £12 – £18 per hour based on level of experience
- BS and relevant experience in biology, biochemistry, gene/cell therapy, biopharmaceuticals, vaccines.
- Understanding of clinical administration procedures, techniques and risks/challenges relevant to biological or cell products.
- Ability to plan and conduct experiments internally
- Motivated and fast learner with track record of working with new technologies
- Good communication and presentation skills
- In addition to the basic qualifications the preference is that you also have:
- Experience in formulation development of either: biopharms, vaccines,vectors, cell products or novel small molecule platforms.
- Demonstrate innovative thinking
- Hands-on experience with analytical techniques in studying viral vectors, cell based products, biopharms, or vaccines
- Basic understanding of regulatory requirements and cGMP guidelines
Scope of Responsibility:
- data interpretation tasks including recording results effectively in a laboratory notebook or computer with minimal supervision. (i.e., data collection and organization). Operates laboratory equipment with minimal supervision
- Work within the team to support development work across multiple programs, primarily for cell DP,
- Design, execute, analyse and report experimental work for cell formulation development
- Performs data management, data analysis and recording of experiments in laboratory notebook
- Identifies problems in the execution of experimental processes and in results.
- Communicates data and results in technical memos/reports
- Work closely with cell process development scientists to ensure formulations developed can be applied to the planned processes
- Provide analytical testing support to ongoing formulation and development stability studies.
- Reports to Team Leader, Formulation Dev, Cell & Gene Therapy PDS.
- Willing to learn/adapt to change quickly
- Drive performance: Holding yourself and the team accountable for delivering quality results
- Work across the boundaries: Work collaboratively with other line members within C> team
If you are relevant or interested don’t delay, contact me on 0161 924 1416 or email me at email@example.com