United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Benefits Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing best in class solutions for benefits delivery and leave administration, managing assigned vendor relationships, performance and implementation, participating in strategic and innovation sessions, owning and driving process improvement in various areas, developing benefit communications, assisting with other project-based work as needed.
Leave of Absence & Time Off
- Manage US paid time off programs (including vacation, absence/sick, personal, miscellaneous leaves, holiday and other leave programs) and short- and long-term disability programs.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure timely, accurate, and compliant administration of assigned benefit programs (e.g. life and disability insurance carriers).
- Work collaboratively with local and regional Human Resources, Payroll, Legal, Employee Communications, People Technology, Facilities, Finance, Procurement, and other key partners to ensure the proper policies and practices are in place to mitigate risk associated with leaves of absence and time off.
- Use proficient understanding of plan design and administrative procedures to drive constant improvement, facilitating more effective/efficient leave processes.
- Monitor compliance with formal policies, review exception requests and make appropriate recommendations.
- Serve as primary contact/representative for sensitive and escalated employee concerns, appeals and claims.
- Interpret and administer leave programs and policies in accordance with applicable federal and state laws (FMLA, ADA, etc.).
- Develop, plan and manage complex projects related to the implementation of new or updated federal, state or local paid leave (and other associated benefits).
- Partner with People Analytics team to develop analysis of key program metrics to understand trends, as well as potential valuable changes that could be made to benefit offerings.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communications and marketing plan for all leaves, create and provide training for employees, managers, HR stakeholders, and external suppliers. Refresh as necessary.
- As the accommodations subject matter expert, develop and implement communication and training materials to ensure that key stakeholders are informed of the processes for requesting reasonable accommodations.
- Manage the database by which the Company case manages all non-occupational health reasonable accommodation requests.
- Ensure adherence to policy and external regulation to mitigate risk and ensure the Company is acting in compliance.
- Manage U.S. life and accidental death & dismemberment benefits, including vendor relationship, renewals, processing of death in service and dependent life insurance claims.
- Manage all logistics related to the annual Open Enrollment process.
- Assist with questions related to health and welfare benefits, including aiding employees in enrolling in their benefits during Gilead's annual open enrollment period or during a life event change (e.g. new hire, birth of child).
Key Skills, Knowledge & Ability Requirements
- Expertise with management and administration of benefits and leave programs in multiple states required.
- Knowledge of best practices and processing requirements relating to leave management.
- Current with new benefit developments and industry trends.
- Understanding of applicable requirements, regulations, and federal and state laws relating to employee benefit programs and leaves of absence.
- Knowledge of benefit plan administration and management, ERISA, ACA, HIPAA and IRS regulations required.
- Experience working with and managing multiple vendors and suppliers, including benefit/insurance brokers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects from concept to implementation and concisely communicate complex information.
- Demonstrated experience managing contracts in collaboration with Procurement, IT Security/Data Privacy and Legal teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Ability to properly handle confidential and sensitive information and materials; understanding and application of HIPAA protocols required.
- Ability to effectively articulate administrative and documentation requirements, enrollment processes, and eligibility and leave policy information to employees and managers.
- Excellent Microsoft application skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficiency with Workday required.
- Experience in automated benefits environment and with implementation and maintenance of benefits administration technology and tools desired.
- Ability to balance being a strong team player and working independently.
- Experience working in a team environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Detailed oriented and proficient in conducting research and gathering and utilizing content from multiple sources.
- Minimum of 5 years of benefits consulting and/or benefits and leave administration experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Professional HR certification such as CEBS, CBP, PHR or equivalent preferred.
- FMLA and/or ADA certification preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Benefits-Manager_R0015799-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency