Sr. Manager, Business Conduct
Sr. Manager, Business Conduct
China - Shanghai
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain BC monitoring strategy and activities for new business initiatives and projects under the new normal, e.g. digital marketing, including but not limited to sample testing, data analysis to identify the outliers, unusual behavior, trend and pattern.
- Develop, implement and maintain monitoring mechanism for Contract Sales Organization (CSO), and design detail monitoring plan on its/their promotion activities.
- Provide daily supports on monitoring execution for CSO related activities, e.g. sample check on payments and expenses, perform independent on-site monitoring for CSO organized events, and represent BC Monitoring Team in regular meetings with CSO.
- Assist and support as necessary local operations and BC with internal and external audits on CSO. Activities include responding to inquiries and ensuring audit requests are satisfied, serving as the primary liaison between Internal Audit or the external auditor and the business (e.g., providing explanations regarding controls, policies and procedures, end-to-end business processes, identifying and facilitating control owner discussions, reviewing and consulting on findings and observations, etc.)
- Provide periodical communication, monitoring metrics and other reports for CSO related matters.
- Serves as a subject matter expert of CSO monitoring and supporting a Business Conduct training curriculum for employees and local third party agents if necessary.
- Work closely with external resources when necessary and execute monitoring activities; Collaborate and coordinate with finance and other internal stakeholders to communicate monitoring results and develop remedial action plans and ensure timely implementation of actions.
- Provides ongoing analytical support to management including preparing various metric reports and dashboards;
- Other working items as assigned by line manager from time to time.
Knowledge, Experience And Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Law/accounting/finance or similar degree required. Advanced, graduate degree desirable.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of six years' professional experience including substantial compliance monitoring experience/internal audit in China with a preference for pharmaceutical or similar industry experience;
- Experience with Big-4 is preferred;
- Basic understanding of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (or similar local legislation), and local/regional industry codes governing interactions with healthcare professionals and organizations is required.
- Appreciation of and ability to articulate key risks (including compliance and financial risks facing global pharmaceutical manufacturers necessary.
- Experience executing risk assessments, detailed transaction testing, and suggesting internal control and remediation measures required. This includes critical and analytical thinking, able to develop investigative strategies and alert business risks.
- Experience or desire to learn about conducting third-party risk assessments and monitoring activities (e.g., vendors, distributors, contract sales organizations, etc.).
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team to resolve complex matters;
- Excellent judgment, influencing skills and leadership abilities in working with different stakeholders particularly with Senior Leadership;
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, organizational, and strategic thinking skills;
- Mandarin/English Speaking Required. Multi-cultural experience and languages preferred
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/China---Shanghai/Sr-Manager--Business-Conduct_R0014421
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency