Sr Director, Medical Affairs
Sr Director, Medical Affairs
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to join the Gilead Canadian affiliate in Mississauga, Ontario as Senior Director, Medical Affairs.
The Senior Director, Medical Affairs will be responsible for the development and implementation of the local Canadian Medical plan for the Gilead product portfolio. This Senior leader must be able to work effectively across Gilead's commercial, policy, public affairs and market access organizations with a focus on the company's late stage pipeline and commercial portfolio.
Reporting to the VP Medical Affairs ACE, this individual will be a key member of the Canadian Leadership Team and will participate in broader strategic initiatives relating to the growth of the Canadian affiliate.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- The CMD of Medical Affairs will oversee all Medical Affairs activities in the country
- Leads the affiliate Medical Department
- Recruits, manages and develops staff in the Medical Dept
- Plans and allocates local Medical Department resources
- Contributes to the development of Global, regional and national medical plans of action, and ensures their national implementation.
- Actively contributes to Regional and International Medical Affairs team in setting strategic goals in medical affairs operational excellence and cooperation with other functions.
- Actively participates in management of the local affiliate as member of the Country Management Team
- Ensures highly effective cross-functional collaboration across the matrix
- Promotes Gilead's scientific image in the country including regular communication with external stakeholders to remain abreast of issues in the field and to provide appropriate guidance to external customers as well as to internal stakeholders
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- The ideal candidate will be an MD, preferably with board certification in one of Gilead's key areas. Previous experience in Gilead's key therapeutic areas are highly relevant.
- Extensive experience in the pharma/biotech industry
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and to withstand pressure.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy performing through others as much as being an excellent individual contributor with attention to detail.
- The individual must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a team environment.
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience essential.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences which will include occasional weekend travel is required.
- Fluency in English, in addition to the local language(s), both oral and written.
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver and thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to engage, manage and lead multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective.
- Scientific curiosity coupled with learning agility is a must.
- Strategically minded, operationally excellent.
- Organized with systematic approach to prioritization.
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing).
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith).
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability).
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Sr-Director--Medical-Affairs_R0014970-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency