Technical Enterprise Solutions Principal Architect, Applications
Technical Enterprise Solutions Principal Architect, Applications
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
For over 30 years, Gilead has built a culture of excellence. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. Kite, a leader in engineered T cell therapy, sits within Gilead, changing the way we fight cancer.
Together we deliver life-saving therapies to people in need.
With the dedication you bring to the workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Your career growth is important to us, we will celebrate your successes and value your contributions. Your voice represents Gilead, and you are fundamental to our success. Here at Gilead, we inspire your diverse perspectives through our inclusive environment. What impact do you want to make on the world? You Matter - Being Here Matters.
Specific Responsibilities, Roles and Skills
- Ensure that the IT portfolio and roadmap adhere to Gilead's guiding principles, standards, and design patterns
- Recommend additional principles, standards, and design patterns as needed to support Gilead's future-state architecture vision
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture peers, IT staff and business partners to design and oversee activities related to solution architecture future states - including reference architectures, guiding principles, support models, security and compliance
- Work closely with the Gilead's IT Project Management Office to support application architects during project planning to ensure Gilead IT projects are aligned with the overall enterprise architecture, and company strategy
- Participate in developing actionable roadmaps for the evolution of Gilead application portfolio solutions from current to future state and provide technical oversight during execution of projects
- Act as a trusted advisor to Gilead executives and senior managers
- Provide executive-level presentations communicating the business value Gilead's information technology strategy
- Host technology and knowledge sharing forums to educate the organization on technology usage, trends, and standards
- Translate desired future-state business capabilities into technical architecture requirements
- Stay abreast of changes in IT policies and processes which may impact Gilead's progression toward business objectives and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Assist in estimating the cost/benefit of new technologies, to include both financial and technical impact
- Facilitate the assessment and selection of software product solutions, standards and services that complement the Gilead enterprise technical architecture
- Provides technical direction to delivery teams on key transition and transformation initiatives
Experience, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- 15+ years of technical architecting experience and BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience; OR 10+ years of technical architecting experience and MS in related technical field
- 5+ years of application architecture experience with Salesforce, Oracle / SAP, Microsoft products, Veeva, etc.
- 2+ years experience in life sciences or pharma industry, implementing GxP qualification strategies on public cloud platforms
- 2+ years experience architecting and delivering technical architecture for large enterprise implementations such as EBS, PLM, MES, MDM, ServiceNow, CRM and Workday
- Knowledge of enterprise technical domains (cloud, mobile, APIs, application development, integration and data management) with in-depth knowledge of at least two areas
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile DevOps is a plus
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influence skills
- Ability to break down complex problems so that other groups and users can understand and action
- Quickly grasp the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes
- Ability to estimate the impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Technical skill and experience with application development, data management, integration and API management
Gilead Core Values:
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Technical-Enterprise-Solutions-Architecture_R0014464
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency