Sr. Research Associate I, Process Development (Upstream) Oceanside, CA.
Sr. Research Associate I, Process Development (Upstream) Oceanside, CA.
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Research Associate I - Cell Line and Upstream Development, Oceanside CA.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences is currently seeking a Sr. Research Associate I in our Cell Culture/Cell Line and Upstream Development group at our Oceanside facility in Southern California.
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual to execute experiments to support cell culture process development for recombinant protein, and novel platform programs. Activities will include clone selection, shake flask and bioreactor experiments, spent media analysis, process optimization, characterization studies, manufacturing and technology transfer support and lab equipment maintenance. The successful candidate will contribute to experimental execution, data analysis and interpretation, and presentation of results in group meetings.
Specific Responsibilities and Skills for Position:
- Support upstream bioprocess development activities including clone selection, technology development, media development, process optimization & process characterization studies.
- Hands-on laboratory operations such as shake flask, bench scale bioreactor, and pilot scale cultures as well as novel culture platforms.
- Collaborate with technical operations and biologics production teams to transfer process to and support pilot scale and clinical manufacturing upstream operations.
- Contribute to written technical reports, present in group meetings, and work cross-functionally to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication, technical report writing, and presentation skills and aptitude for creative problem solving.
- Basic understanding of GMP manufacturing and large-scale facilities.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in statistics and data analysis (e.g. JMP, Spotfire)
- Working knowledge of Matlab or similar programming language is highly desirable
- Familiarity with SQL databases is a plus
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Plans and executes assigned experiments that support Process Development activities and project goals.
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques in performing experiments.
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and proactively seeks out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Participates in group meetings. Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Demonstrates good verbal communication and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Develops skills in data analysis and ability to evaluate quality of data.
- Contributes to data management maintenance
- Management of cell culture consumable supply inventory and preventive maintenance/ calibration of lab equipment. Support routine lab equipment maintenance.
- Works with collaborative communication and problem-solving spirit.
- Always works with safety in mind.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience with BS degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
- 0+ years of experience with MS degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
Preferred Training and Experience:
- Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, Bioinformatic, Data Science or a related scientific discipline.
- Must be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Must demonstrate excellent technical writing skills.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Sr-Research-Associate-I--Process-Development--Upstream--Oceanside--CA_R0015435-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency