Associate Director, Medical Affairs / COVID-19
Associate Director, Medical Affairs / COVID-19
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences Canada Inc., located in Mississauga, Ontario, is seeking an experienced and motivated Medical Affairs professional, capable of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment role in the capacity of Associate Director, COVID-19 in Gilead Canada's Medical Affairs department. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Lead the development, execution and coordination of the Medical Affairs plan of action (POA) for this new therapeutic area.
- Focus on compliantly enhancing COVID-19 patient care through non- promotional activities such as: education, disease awareness, appropriate programs (including data generation)
- Develop and implement defined team goals and objectives aligned with the Medical Affairs POA and other strategic initiatives
- Potential to lead and manage a team of Medical Affairs professionals, including field-based Medical Scientists.
- Effectively communicate the clinical data to support Gilead products for the treatment of COVID-19.
- Provide medical leadership to plan and execute Medical Affairs Advisory Programs and provide support as needed to cross-functional HCP advisory boards.
- Develop effective working relationships as a strategic partner with cross functional team members
- Strategic support of local Medical Affairs COVID-19 publication planning
- Provide medical and scientific oversight to COVID-19 publications and scientific presentations
- Establish strong working links with all relevant Gilead departments (e.g. Global MedAffairs, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR), Market Access, Government Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, )
- Generate and disseminate data to support use of Gilead products for the treatment of COVID-19 (including pipeline, as appropriate)
- Support phase 2 and 3 clinical trials locally, as appropriate
- Support the development of local Phase 4 Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR)
- Communicate Gilead's commitment to scientific excellence in COVID-19 through research and balanced education
- Lead the medical and scientific review of local promotional materials
- Responsible for adverse event reporting and for the compliant management of all activities in accordance with local and global regulatory requirements and policies
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- M.D., PhD. or Pharm.D (preferred)
- Strong medical/clinical/scientific background in Virology, Infectious Diseases, Public Health an asset
- 5-8 years of Medical Affairs experience within the Pharmaceutical Industry, People Management experience an asset
- Strong clinical research background (phase 1 to 3)
- Extensive experience in Project Management and in the management of Medical Education activities (CME/OLA)
- Experience in developing effective abstracts, manuscripts, posters and slides and presenting at scientific meetings
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, relationship-building, negotiating, and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify and understand complex issues, and identify and query key findings from study data and publications
- Must be able to utilize complex scientific resources for development of educational programs and presentations in a variety of different settings
- Organized; attention to detail and able to meet timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload
- Must be able to work with a high level of autonomy and independence
- Must be fully cognizant and adhere to all regulatory and legal (Business Conduct) requirements for clinical trials and other Medical Affairs activities
- Bilingual candidates are preferred
- Position requires approximately >50% travel (following local/regional Public Health guidance; under normal non-pandemic circumstances)
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Senior-Manager--Medical-Affairs---COVID-19_R0014593-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency