China - Shanghai
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Specific Job Requirements
This office- based Medical Scientist (MS) will be part of a team of Medical Affairs reporting to the therapeutic area leads in the Shanghai office. The MCMS has the following responsibilities:
- Conducts meaningful scientific exchange, establish strong scientific relationships, communicates complex scientific information and data in an organized and fair/balanced manner through multi-channel communication tools with healthcare providers (HCPs) while demonstrating judgment and integrity in accordance with the highest ethical and compliance standards.
- Works closely with the therapeutic Medical Leads in Hepatitis and HIV and identify, map and develop Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in regions that are currently not covered by field-based MS
- Support digital medical education content development
- Train opinion leaders to be Gilead approved speakers
- Responds to clinical inquiries in an accurate, unbiased and timely fashion
- Develops and executes plans, activities, and scientific exchanges based upon the Medical Affairs Plan of Action
- Participate in advisory boards, symposia, and other educational programs as well as scientific conferences
- Provides feedback and insights from the field to internal stakeholders
- Works collaboratively with other cross-functional teams such as Sales and Marketing, Regulatory, Legal/Business Conduct, Public Affairs etc.
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentation in a variety of settings
- Knowledge in infectious diseases (HBV, HCV & HIV) is highly desirable
- Understanding of the culture of ID / hepatology healthcare providers and patient communities is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Capacity to develop and deliver high-quality presentations is essential
- Affinity for a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical opinion-leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the management of multiple priorities and resources
- Strong scientific skills/acumen; translation of scientific expertise and knowledge to achieve the identified business goals of the company
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills are required
- Competency in MS office and other digital communication tools
- Knowledge in digital health ecosystems is highly desirable
- Fluency in oral and written Chinese (Mandarin) and English is required
Education and Experience Requirements
- Advanced medical/scientific degree (MD, MBBS, PhD, Pharmacy preferred) with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field required
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a medically related endeavor (i.e. antiviral medicine), with strong knowledge of the clinical research process, treatment landscape, and professional society treatment guidelines
- Prior experience as a medical science liaison highly desirable
- (Field MS)KOL
- MS office
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/China---Shanghai/Medical-Scientist_R0013759
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency