United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Corporate Legal Group at Gilead is seeking an experienced contracts attorney to help support Gilead's information technology and other contract matters. While this role primarily supports Gilead's information technology (IT) department, it will also help support media, commercial, facilities, manufacturing, corporate development and other general contract matters as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates the following agreements::
- SaaS and other hosted services agreements;
- Software license agreements;
- Managed services agreements;
- Master service agreements;
- Consulting agreements;
- Confidentiality disclosure agreements; and
- Other commercial transactional agreements, ranging from standard contracts to non-standard higher risk contracts.
- Assists client group on various legal projects, including:
- Advising on data security and privacy issues;
- Identifying risk and experience in generating risk/risk mitigation memos;
- Reviewing contracts, identifying issues, and discussing questions or suggestions with senior attorneys, client and/or paralegals; and
- Advising on business risk in complex statements of work.
- Develops and improves templates and procedures to drive efficiencies in the legal review process.
- Analyzes non-standard problems based on past precedent and makes a recommendation on how to proceed.
- Timely advises senior counsel on higher risk issues and proposes alternative legal terms and solutions to senior counsel for later presentation to the client and opposing counsel.
- Promptly escalates issues to a higher level for resolution but typically handles smaller legal matters from beginning to end.
- Clearly explains legal terms to clients and how they affect the business.
- Exhibits exceptional and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborates with members of legal department, other business partners (tax, finance, and risk management) and internal client departments.
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school.
- Admission to the California state bar, registration as in-house counsel, or ability to gain admission or registration for either within 90 days.
- 4+ years law firm experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating a high volume of agreements.
- Must have strong client service orientation and dedication to operational excellence.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of hosted services agreements, information technology issues and privacy law; stays up to date on changes in information technology and privacy.
- Ability to manage and serve internal client groups within the company by recognizing and responding quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients.
- Possess solid negotiation skills with the ability to offer pragmatic solutions to business challenges .
- Must be able to set appropriate priorities with clients and deliver results within the established timelines, including, proactively and independently inquire and take ownership to answer internal client questions even when minimal information, direction, and/or policies are available.
- Exceptional and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Counsel_R0013682
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency