Senior Product Manager Inflammation
Senior Product Manager Inflammation
UAE - Dubai
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company based in California and committed to discovering, developing and commercializing innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical needs. This will improve patient care in the areas that matter the most. Inflammation is one of our four therapy areas of focus, and we are advancing a pipeline of novel investigational agents for inflammatory diseases. Over time these will address multiple targets with potential application across a broad range of disorders. Our most advanced agent is a highly selective JAK1 inhibitor. This innovative molecule has now reported three Phase III studies that have successfully met their primary and secondary endpoints in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), and is undergoing other Phase II and Phase III studies in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our team within the Middle East affiliate.
Reporting to the Business Unit Director for the Liver/Inflammation franchise, The successful candidate will be fully responsible for all operational marketing aspects in our new Inflammation business unit to launch JAK1 inhibitor in rheumatology and to ensure future growth of this asset. The incumbent Strategically co-ordinates and implements marketing plans across functions, including collaboration with Medical, Sales, Market Access, and Finance departments to drive activities to achieve revenue and results objectives.
- Lead Promotion Review Committee process to ensure marketing materials are cleared for promotional use, and secure final production
- Demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Leverage primary and secondary market research and analytics critical to directing brand strategies and optimizing marketing tactics
- Analyze complex problems and situations, provide logical recommendations and lead any required action planning
- Set priorities in circumstances of continued complex and conflicting requirements
- Take a lead role in representing the company at professional events and promote company products at such events
- Ensure that all marketing activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements. Direct tactical plan development and implementation
- Collaborate with Medical group to ensure optimal interactions aimed to support product portfolio strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional product teams and key stakeholders within Gilead to ensure alignment on strategy, key themes and deliverables
- Collaborate with Market Access teams to ensure aligned approach to reduce prescription hurdles via aligned market assets and business unit activities for full availability of product portfolio at national/regional/local level.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Should have a minimum of 8 years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Should have a minimum of 4 years' experience in marketing research and/or pharmaceutical sales within Specialty Care
- Must have product launch understanding and experience in pre-launch and market development work within specialty care
- Prior experience in a highly competitive therapy area is required as well as previous therapeutic indication with high scientific emphasis
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement multidimensional marketing and business plans
- MBA or other advanced business degree is desired
- Must show demonstrated excellence in project management and have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects/priorities
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the rheumatology market is preferred
- Experience in managing advanced multichannel activities also strongly recommended
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is required
- Must have recognized expertise in implementing a pharmaceutical communication plan, including generating publications, organizing continuing medical education activities and advocacy development
- Must be very familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitor's resources and practices
- Must have a successful record of developing external relationships leading to brand advocacy
- Must have a track record of successful pharma/biotech patient/community marketing with an understanding of expense budget planning and tracking
- Must possess excellent analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to senior management and across functional areas
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict, and drive consensus among, individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Must have strong organizational skills, including the ability to follow assignments through to completion (bias towards execution)
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required, and very good presentation skills, are required
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws including nationalization and residency restrictions and requirements). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/UAE---Dubai/Senior-Product-Manager-Inflammation_R0013456
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency