Executive Director, Regional Head, Global Patient Solutions, India
Executive Director, Regional Head, Global Patient Solutions, India
India - Mumbai
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Global Patient Solutions Regional Head, India will be responsible for leading the business of bringing Gilead's life-saving medicines to patients in collaboration with partners, supporting the development of health infrastructure and providing innovative access solutions across India. This role requires forging close relationships with commercial partners, governments and supra-national organizations, as well as close collaboration with key internal stakeholders such as Global Marketing, Commercial Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs, and others. The person in this role will have a deep understanding of the market opportunities and oversee all aspects of their assigned region This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Global Patient Solutions.
- Sharp strategist who can lead in a newly-created organization that is operating in a complex and very dynamic markets and grow the business
- Build and execute a national plan, based on burden of disease and economic criteria, leveraging internal strengths and external opportunities
- Serve as point person for knowledge and expertise of region and provide commercial leadership for Gilead's business development opportunities
- Provide leadership and vision (directly and indirectly) to inspire a high performing cross-functional team across the business and functions to drive ambitious results
- Lead the strategic and tactical management of distributors and develop and implement strategies that facilitate effective market access. Ensure a high level of collaboration and integration with the Commercial, Finance, and Manufacturing teams; manage P&L and budget allocated to India, ensuring effective financial planning, including the development of sales and resource forecasts
- Continuously analyze the distributor and licensee relationships relevant for India - streamlining as necessary in coordination with the other GPS Regional Heads - deepening and fostering relationships with those partners closest aligned with Gilead's priorities
- Establish strong relationships with external stakeholders (International Organizations, Payers, NGOs, Patient Associations, KOLs); ability to influence with an aim to maximize Gilead's access and revenue goals
- Lead collaborative efforts across functions and divisions to develop strategies and business cases for the launch of HIV and HCV/ HBV in-line products (in countries not yet launched), as well as pipeline products; managing the critical linkage between late stage development, commercial planning, launch management, sales support, and marketing
- Contribute to a strong GPS communication plan, leveraging all internal and external communication opportunities, with a focus of establishing Gilead as an industry leader in driving innovative patient solutions in resource-challenged settings. Guide the creation of presentations and narratives that demonstrate the Gilead's unique partnerships and role in the broader healthcare landscape
- Ensure business activities are in line with company business conduct and compliance policies and procedures
- Proven track record of driving change and strengthening capabilities in complex, multi-functional organizations by introducing metrics, processes, and systems
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry including both global and regional roles, particularly in marketing, international commercial operations, health economy, access and reimbursement; expertise in global product strategic planning, tactical marketing, commercial policies and practices, new product planning, portfolio management and lifecycle management
- Exhibit solid leadership skills with an ability to set a clear vision, goals and objectives to inspire and drive innovative thinking and influence across functions
- A highly driven self-starter, taking personal ownership and initiative, with an ability to navigate through ambiguity; exhibit resourcefulness and provide prioritization and focus
- Ability to foster and lead close collaboration with all functions driving business success, including Supply Chain, Regulatory, Market Access, Marketing, and others
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- On-the-ground professional experience operating in the region; involvement in working with non-profit and supra-national organizations required
- Brings an innovative and entrepreneurial background, with proven P&L experience as a General Manager or Business Unit Director
- Deep strategic thinking skills with an ability to see the big picture and formulate and execute strategy, with prior experience in a commercial strategy roles a plus
- High intellectual curiosity and hunger to learn in an ambiguous environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, international relations or public health, with an MBA or a Master's degree preferred
- Fluent in both English and Hindi, with demonstrated proficiency in other local dialects (preferred)
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/India---Mumbai/Executive-Director--Regional-Head--Global-Patient-Solutions--India_R0012953-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency