Sr Counsel, Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption
Sr Counsel, Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This is an exciting opportunity for an attorney to join a dynamic and growing team responsible for Gilead's company-wide anti-corruption program. This individual will help implement an effective cross functional anti-corruption program at Gilead Sciences. In partnership with the Company's Internal Audit department, this individual will conduct audits to ensure compliance with the company's anti-corruption, anti-bribery and Business Conduct policies. This individual will also develop and carry out policies and procedures; provide business conduct and compliance support to Gilead's Global Patient Solutions organization (Gilead's program to increase access to medicines and healthcare in low and middle-income countries); assess and act upon issues identified during due diligence processes; assist in implementing training and communication plans; and contribute to monitoring and enforcement activities to ensure consistent application of Company policies. This position will report directly to the Associate General Counsel, Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption.
Essential Duties and Job Function:
- Work collaboratively with other functional groups and relevant stakeholders to advance the Company's anti-corruption program;
- In partnership with colleagues from the Company's Internal Audit department, conduct audits of Gilead's affiliates, operating units, business partners, and other third-party service providers, to ensure compliance with the Company's anti-corruption, anti-bribery and Business Conduct policies; and assist in implementation of corrective actions;
- Participate in implementation of the Company's anti-corruption program, including assessment and appropriate follow-up on issues identified during due diligence processes relating to engagement of third parties;
- Provide business conduct and compliance support to Global Patient Solutions, including development and refinement of policies and procedures;
- Provide input on development and maintenance of anti-corruption-related policies;
- Develop and deliver training for employees, consultants and agents;
- Assist in providing day-to-day guidance, support and problem solving;
- Participate in monitoring and reporting framework for key activities to assess the effectiveness of the program; analyze and monitor results to identify trends and recommend program improvements;
- Coordinate with other colleagues in Legal, Business Conduct, Internal Audit, and client departments on an international basis to ensure efficient and effective implementation of the Company's anti-corruption and Business Conduct programs;
- Assist in monitoring external environment and recommend improvements to the company's anti-corruption program based on identified industry best practices;
- Significant international travel required.
Education and Experience:
- J.D. from a nationally accredited law school.
- Admission to applicable state bar, registration as in-house counsel, or ability to gain admission or registration for either in applicable state within 90 days.
- 8+ years of prior industry or law firm experience providing legal counsel relating to drugs, devices, or food products. Experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries preferred.
- Experience in fraud & abuse laws required (e.g., Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; UK Anti-Bribery Statute; Anti-Kickback Statute)
- Proven regulatory/pharmaceutical compliance experience with ability to analyze and interpret sales and marketing laws and regulations, and effect related organizational changes to ensure alignment.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management in enterprise-wide projects.
- Ability to present complex information in an accurate and persuasive manner to all levels of management.
- Strong project management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Substantial knowledge of specific areas of law and business and ability to independently and effectively apply this knowledge to the relevant areas of responsibility to counsel members of the senior Legal team and senior managers in other departments.
- Ability to identify and analyze risk associated with complex problems within area of responsibility.
- Must be a team player who can easily handle shifting priorities, multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have proven judgment in working through complex issues, including those with significant strategic risk to the company.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Corporate-Counsel_R0012874
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency