Associate Dean for Research & Enterprise
Associate Dean for Research and Enterprise
The University of Louisville School of Dentistry invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position of Associate Dean for Research and Enterprise at the full professor level. The position will be available in Fall 2020.
The School of Dentistry’s mission is to be a national benchmark in dental education, patient centered care and biomedical research.
As an integral part of the leadership team, the Associate Dean for Research will:
- Manage the research portfolio of the School of Dentistry and the School’s strategic planning initiatives related to research.
- Work collaboratively with a productive basic science research program in microbiology/immunology and craniofacial biology to facilitate growth, success, and continued NIH funding for laboratory research endeavors.
- Aid in the recruitment and retention of compatible research faculty.
- Serve as a resource to department chairs and associate/assistant deans in the areas of research and scholarly activities.
- Facilitate research opportunities for faculty, residents, and students.
- Build bridges between basic and translational research.
- Optimize research aspects of faculty development.
- Expand resources and infrastructure available to support research.
- Develop research collaborations with the Schools of Medicine and Engineering.
- Chair research-related committees and task forces (e.g. Research and Scholarship Committee) as assigned by the Dean.
- Advise the Dean on appropriate School of Dentistry policy development, implementation, and interpretation for those policies and procedures related to research.
- Manage and oversee the Office of Research budget and facilitate the School’s applications for startup, seed, and bridge funding.
- Represent the Office of Research to internal and external academic communities, alumni, business and industry, government, foundations, patient and practitioner groups, and the general community.
- Review and advise the Dean regarding opportunities for the development of interdisciplinary research programs based on national and international trends.
- Assist the Dean in the planning and implementation of research programs relevant to the School.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean.
PhD (or equivalent degree). A strong background in research with a sustained track record of funding, and a current active research program. Must meet criteria for a full professor appointment at the School of Dentistry.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at employ.edu or 502.852.6258.
Please apply online at www.louisville.edu/jobs to Job #39029, and submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, plus the names of three professional references to Jessica Jensen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Associate Dean for Research & Enterprise
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly