Research Assistant Professor (Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology or New Drug Development)
Hong Kong Baptist University
SCHOOL OF CHINESE MEDICINE
Applications are invited for the following post in the Centre for Chinese Herbal Medicine Drug Development, which is located in the Hong Kong Science Park.
Centre for Chinese Herbal Medicine Drug Development
Research Assistant Professor (Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology or New Drug Development) (PR0089/20-21)
The appointee is expected to perform the following roles:
• to conduct the high quality and innovative research related to pharmacognosy and pharmacological studies with Chinese herbal formula;
• to supervise research assistants and PhD students;
• to apply for external competitive research grants; and
• to undertake any other duties as assigned.
Potential candidates should have:
• a PhD degree in the pharmacognosy, pharmaceutical biology, phytochemistry or similar disciplines;
• at least three years of postdoctoral experience in phytochemical and using Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC), Liquid chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS), Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) and other pharmacological study related techniques;
• a very strong track record in appealing external grant record and outstanding publication in the above-mentioned research areas;
• preference will be given to those are expertise in Chinese herbal formula and new drug development;
• innovative and creative with good planning and organisational skills; and
• ability to multitask.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract up to three years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Applicants are requested to send in samples of publications, preferably three best ones out of their most recent publications. Applicants should also request two referees to send in confidential letters of reference, with PR number (stated above) quoted on the letters, to the Personnel Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) direct. Applicants not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after completion of the recruitment exercise. Details of the University's Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 6 November 2020