Post Doctoral Fellow
CDU Strives for EXCELLENCE! Join a team of diverse professionals and start your career today with Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. We are seeking extraordinary and dedicated individuals to achieve the mission that drives us all: to cultivate diverse health professional leaders are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underserved populations…. As a member of CDU faculty, or staff you’ll achieve EXCELLENCE in a welcoming community of passionate medical school professionals.
At CDU we are seeking a talented Post Doctoral Fellow.
Under the supervision of a Principal Investigator, three post-doctoral fellows will be recruited to perform basic science, clinical, epidemiology, or policy research related to substance use disorders. Such research may include conducting community-based participatory research, social sciences research, working with animal models or cell culture models. Statistical analyses of data and writing up results will also be expected. Working with and training student interns will also be required. Candidates should have interest in studying health disparities in vulnerable populations as related to substance abuse research. Depending on performance and experience, the post-doctoral fellow may be eligible for a faculty appointment at the conclusion of their fellowship.
- Collect, record, and analyze data
- Conduct statistical analyses
- Write and prepare manuscripts
- Prepare presentations
- Submit grants
- Work effectively with a diverse community
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Graduate degree (PhD) in a biomedical science related area (preferably within the last 3 years).
- Prior statistical experience
- Prior experience or interest in conducting substance abuse research, especially in vulnerable populations
- Animal self-administration and breeding experience is a plus
- Laboratory skills
- Computer skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community
For more information and to apply, https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/3653
At Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, our employees' well-being is important to us. CDU continues to offer health and wellness benefits to help employees stay healthy and provide financial protection against high medical costs. The program incorporates a variety of benefit plans from which employees can choose. The following summary provides a brief overview and high level summary of the benefits that may be available as a member of the faculty or staff working at least 20 hours per week in a regular or conditional position at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. For more information, visit https://www.cdrewu.edu/academics/facultystaff/Offices/Benefits
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer