Computational Scientist II
Location: South San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Identification: 531
Job Schedule: Full time
Myriad Genetics is a trailblazing genetic testing company that has helped millions of patients make critical healthcare decisions. We are the leader of hereditary cancer screening and prenatal screening, innovating every day to empower women and their families to benefit from advanced molecular technologies.
We are looking for a skilled Computational Scientist to join our supportive and interdisciplinary R&D team in South San Francisco. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail-oriented and derives joy from bringing rigor, structure, and organization to large datasets, complex systems, and intricate analyses.
What you'll do:
- Make critical contributions to awesome products in a cutting-edge clinical genomics laboratory
- Use rigorous data science and modern software best practices to create efficient, reliable, and optimized bioinformatics pipelines capable of processing many thousands of samples per day
- Build, validate, and document new products and product features that improve the lives of fellow Myriadians and the patients we serve
- Work on close-knit teams with talented molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, software engineers, automation engineers, and data scientists
- Communicate your results to stakeholders across the organization, e.g., engineering, marketing, sales, legal, and genetic counseling. You derive satisfaction from thoroughly and thoughtfully describing a system for both technical and non-technical audiences.
(feel very encouraged to apply even if not all are met):
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Biophysics, Physics, Statistics, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related discipline
- Strong software skills, preferably with fluency in Python (experience with writing unit-tests/performing code review is a plus)
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing preferred but not required
- Conversant in molecular biology and genetics
- A sense of humility coupled with deep compassion, impeccable integrity, and an eagerness to be part of a caring and supportive team
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/bkzt2zcp3nfdr4yb