Project Administrator and Data Analyst
Starting date: As soon as possible, e.g. 15th October or 1st November
The Bergthaler lab at CeMM is currently recruiting an experienced Project Administrator/Data Analyst for our research on SARS-CoV-2 genomes circulating in Austria.
The successful applicant will oversee sample logistics, communicate with internal and external stakeholders, organize and manage the ensuing data, and support our efforts to obtain high quality SARS-CoV-2 genome sequences and analyze the mutational landscapes of the pandemic virus. You will join an interdisciplinary research team which has an immediate impact on national pandemic control.
The ERC-funded Bergthaler lab (http://bergthaler1.at) has long-standing interests in viral infections and immunology (e.g. Baazim H et al. Nat Immunol 2019, Lercher A et al. Immunity 2019, Lercher A et al. Immunity 2020). Together with the Biosequencing Facility at CeMM (https://www.biomedical-sequencing.org/) headed by Dr. Christoph Bock and several other partners from academia, hospitals and the public health sector, we mounted an interdisciplinary research platform to sequence SARS-CoV-2 genomes in Austria. Results from this project will directly help federal authorities to validate epidemiological clusters for the pandemic SARS-CoV-2 virus, inform about viral mutations circulating in the Austrian population as well as contribute to COVID-19-related scientific projects.
- Master, and/or PhD degree in computer science, bioinformatics, biology, medicine or another related field
- Strong data management skills (Forms and database implementations)
- Strong programming skills (any language) and experience working with large volumes of data
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, and interest in a scope of tasks involving bioinformatics analyses (50%) and administrative tasks to coordinate the project (50%)
- A high degree of accuracy, reliability, organization skills, and a commitment to high-quality service provision
- Proactive mindset, getting-things-done attitude (start-up company experience/mindset is a plus)
- Prior experience working with genetic or medical data is also a plus (but not mandatory)
- Friendly, collaborative mindset, ability to multi-task and to work effectively in an international environment
- Team player with strong communication skills and a proactive mindset
- Excellent command of English and German
- Project administration and coordination. Support the Principal Investigator to manage and coordinate the project. Correspondence, administration, project management.
- Data management. Contribute to database implementation and management related to the project according to FAIR principles.
- Data analysis. Work with other researchers to investigate mutations in sequencing SARS-CoV-2 genomes
- Position in a great interdisciplinary and international team working on a timely topic with a public-health dimension
- Competitive salary: This position is remunerated with a minimum yearly (gross) salary of EUR 54,453 on a full time base. The definite salary will be based on qualification and experience.
- Being part of a thriving academic and social community in Vienna, one of the cities with the best quality-of-life in the world
- The CeMM employment contract includes full insurance (health, accident, pension) and a one-off payment for moving
- CeMM’s HR department and administrative team offers support with relocation, visa applications, onboarding, family support, etc.
CeMM is a flagship institute for biomedical research in the heart of Europe, Vienna. CeMM is committed to highest scientific standards. The environment is very collaborative, dynamic and international. One of CeMM`s advantages is to be in close proximity to the Vienna Medical University Campus and the General Hospital (AKH). This allows the fruitful interaction of basic scientists with clinicians, and the use of models and cutting-edge technology to disease-relevant biological questions. According to a study by The Scientist, CeMM is ranked as the best European place to work in Academia 2012, internationally CeMM appears at the fourth place. The official language at CeMM is English, and more than 48 different nationalities are represented at the institute. For more information please visit: www.cemm.at
CeMM aims to promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, competences and potential. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Please apply online here: https://cemm.jobbase.io/job/7hlu84k7 with your application documents (cover letter, CV and names and contact details of 2 referees):
Closing date for applications: 31 October 2020