PostDoc in Epigenetics (f / m / d)
PostDoc in Epigenetics (f/m/d)
For a project on the interphase between chromatin biochemistry, epigenetics and epitranscriptomics the Schneider lab is looking for a PostDoc with experience in the epigenetics or chromatin field, a solid publication record and motivation to develop and execute the next breakthrough ideas. The successful candidate will study novel chromatin modifying pathways including DNA and RNA modifications, which we have recently identified, to address a central question in epigenetics: how do epigenetic mechanisms control gene expression programs and how are chromatin states maintained through cell divisions (“epigenetic memory”).
This project will involve a combination of in vitro and in vivo approaches, including different “omics” techniques and their analysis as well the development of novel technologies to address epigenetic mechanisms in single cells. The project is designed to allow the applicant to play a major role in determining its direction and at the same time benefit from intense interdisciplinary collaborations within Helmholtz Munich as well as the strong epigenetics and chromatin background of the other Institute members.
- PhD in biology or a related field
- Strong research background in chromatin research with a very good publication record.
- Experience in at least two of the following fields are essential: -Chromatin biochemistry
- -ChIP-seq and RNA-seq techniques (including data analysis)
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of German is not required
- What we offer you
- goal-orientated professional development
- compatibility of private life & work
- flexible working hours, flexitime, without core times
- 30 days vacation per year
- in-house health management
- a nursery directly at the campus
- Elder Care & further consultation offers
- company pension scheme
- discounted job ticket (MVV and DB)
- corporate benefits offer
- Munich, with its numerous lakes and its vicinity to the Alps, is considered to be one of the cities with the best quality of life worldwide. With its first-class universities and research institutes it offers an intellectually stimulating environment.